What's new

Hammerstone or Mano???

Bbmbr

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2017
Messages
97
Reaction score
101
Golden Thread
0
Location
california
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_20171217_110038.webpIMG_20171217_105943.webpIMG_20171217_110621_448.webpIMG_20171217_110731_397.webp
 
Upvote 0
That looks like a nice round mano to me.
 
Mano, for sure. Nice Find!
 
Strange how when I posted it in the "what is it" forum, one of you said it was river cobble and if I had a truck and trailer I could come up to his neck of the woods and he'd fill it up for me!
 
The last photo looks like the artifact has been ground smooth a little bit. And round 1 handed manos are common in the Southwest.
 
I also found this at the same place IMG_20171106_064730.webpIMG_1515263922875.webp
 
Please keep your accusation to the proper post. The last photo above does show the worked flat edge, but I don't understand why you have to add other non-related artifacts to prove the point?
 
Last edited:
The "one of you" that I referred to, I mean one of the same people that commented "mano fore sure, nice find!" Then on "what is it" forum says its river cobble???
 
Last edited:
.....
 
Last edited:
Not an accusation at all, more of an observation. I'm pretty sure it was your comment about how if I wanted a bunch of rocks I can come up where you live and get a trailer full of them. I think that probably motivated me. I wasn't just picking up rocks anywhere, I was in an area that I had found other artifacts. A few I had some question about. I believe your comment was a little rude ESPECIALLY when you just said it was a Mano for sure, nice find on another forum. That's all!! I have always respected your opinion as well as plenty of other people on here and I have always been very respectful. I'm not normally a ***** but sometimes it happens .
 
The "one of you" that I referred to, I mean one of the same people that commented "mano fore sure, nice find!" Then on "what is it" forum says its river cobble???
That is because on the what is it forum you did not post this picture below, nothing in the pictures on what is it forum said artifact.

This is only one shown that shows signs of use on either forum I see.

tapatalk_1513208597318.webp

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
 
Last edited:
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.
 
The last piece looks like it could be a pestle. Id look for wear around the rounded end.
 
Two,.......and thanks olddigger.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom