What's new

Hand Forged Shears Italy

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2005
Messages
12,689
Reaction score
378
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ozarks
Would like to know what these are for ? Kind of looks like bottle opener combo.
Stamped Hand Forged Italy and P 9 1/2
 

Attachments

  • forge 1.webp
    forge 1.webp
    17.6 KB · Views: 246
  • f2.webp
    f2.webp
    9.9 KB · Views: 256
looks like lopping sheers to me, the two points held small spring to keep the jaws open and the latch on the end of the handle was to lock the cutters closed when not using them
 
Upvote 0
By-Pass pruners, those are what I use for snipping roots in the ground when retrieving targets......NGE
 
Upvote 0
Thanks guys!
I thought they looked like pruning shears ,but wasnt sure....and I cant find any info on them either.....heavy little suckers! LOL
 
Upvote 0
Gypsy, just google by-pass pruning shears....NGE
 
Upvote 0
Yep , secateurs :thumbsup:

Mike
 
Upvote 0
I have an pair out in the barn that are a duplicate of what you have posted. My father had used them to trim the hooves of farm animals. When the sheep and goats are locked in for the winter their hooves do not get worn down as they would in the summer time so we would have to trim them back around spring time. Not sure if that is the purpose they were made for, but that what we always had used them on. We used different pruning shears for the trees and other vegetation.
 
Upvote 0
Like someone else said, they are invaluable if you are digging in ground with many small roots. I carry a newer pair with me when out detecting. Monty
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom