What's new

Hand Rolled Cents

USMCLion

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2008
Messages
94
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Stopped at the bank today and my favorite teller calls me over and says she has something for me. She goes into the vault and come back with two boxes ($60) of hand rolled cents. Looked over some of the ends and spotted six wheats (tails) in a quick glance. I'm pretty stoked to get home and check'em out.
 
Upvote 0
We're pretty stoked to hear the results! Good luck.
 
WOW, is all I can really say. This was by far my best penny day ever. I started to pull the rolls out of the box and noticed most of them had dates on them. Turns out 1945-1958 were all solid rolls. There were 2 rolls each of 1968S-1974S. A pile of rolls of 1960's, and about 8 rolls of mixed wheats with some nice early mint marks. Here are a few off the top of my head. 1909 VDB, 1911D, 1913D, 1919S, 1921S, 1931D, 1939-D and a chewed up 1943 steely. I haven't even counted them all but there is well over a thousand Wheats and a lonely 1907 Indian head. Lots of fun for sure. It's making me feel better about having 12 straight skunk boxes of halves thats for sure.
 
Wow!! :o That's one of the best wheatie hauls I've ever heard of! Nice going!
 
Holy Sh*t it sounds like u have hit a monsterous pile of awesome wheaties with some very nice key date coins .... killer score :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
That's a great day! Let us know the date/mint breakdown when you can.

Brian
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom