What's new

Hand tool or just flint.

digordie

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2012
Messages
361
Reaction score
125
Golden Thread
0
Just want some opinions. This piece has obviosly been worked. Is it a tool or just a flint supply rock.
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20130219_130135.webp
    ForumRunner_20130219_130135.webp
    48.4 KB · Views: 140
  • ForumRunner_20130219_130155.webp
    ForumRunner_20130219_130155.webp
    41.4 KB · Views: 135
  • ForumRunner_20130219_130211.webp
    ForumRunner_20130219_130211.webp
    40.8 KB · Views: 134
Upvote 0
Beautiful material. I think it's a core.
 
Its got so much creek stain on it. Its just too hard to see the work on it. Did you find it in the same place as the blade you posted the last time?
 
Real nice material.... I think your first impression... "supply stone" was correct.. like Tom said it looks like a core. A nice one at that. I'd be looking forward to finding what was made from it.
 
rock said:
Its got so much creek stain on it. Its just too hard to see the work on it. Did you find it in the same place as the blade you posted the last time?

Yes same place.
 
Cool probably old then.
 
Thanks guys. I figured it was only a core. Just hoping i was wrong.
 
Its a nice artifact
 
Cores are artifacts. I find them in all sizes.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom