Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So last year on my birthday (a day that a lot of people like to do something special or get something special) I received a shot in my left eye. Now I am very thankful for these shots and for what they do but occasionally they can be rather painful. I usually end up with this blood shot eye and most of the time, the shot is a little irritable but not terrible bad. Last year on my birthday, the shot left me with both pain and felt like I had broken glass in my eye for about four days.

Basically they are putting this form of poison in your eye to dry up the fluids behind the retina and it can be very discomforting at times. The price you pay to retain some form of vision in the eye. The hope is to slow down or contain the vision loss with the shots and they do help at this. So, I may get a shot every 4-6 weeks, it is what it is. Anyways, I find out that I am once again scheduled for my birthday, Yae!

One time last year, after I finally got back from the all day affair riding the VA van (almost three hours one way) I met my wife to eat at a Mexican Restaurant. The waiter was shocked as he looked at my eye and asked what had happened to it. So I pointed to my wife and told him that she got mad at me. Yeah, got walloped pretty good that time.

So the wife asks, "How do I look?" I cover my good eye and tell her, "You look good to me Babe!" Yeah, walloped again. did I mention that she is a hitter?

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing...sorry to hear about the shots!

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looter, I hate to hear your having to have shots in the eye, but I'm glad to hear they are helping to restore your vision. I like your sense of humor. A couple of years ago I had a mishap and got a pretty nice bump on the head and a slight black eye. We went to church that following Sunday and folks were asking what happened. I told them my wife and I had a disagreement and my wife told me to shut up and I misunderstood her and thought she said stand up. Next came the nudge followed by the eye roll. One of my wifes favorite sayings is that "You are the Only One that thinks you're Funny."

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Just a heads up on those shots. If it is for wet Maccular degeneration, ask your Dr if a side affect is possile stroke. My 94 year old Dad had been getting those for a little over a year. Eylea was the drug they injected in his eye. He's now had 3 strokes. The first was in Sept and caused him to lose the left field of vision in both eyes. Just know what's going on. His Dr never told us about potential side affects. Good luck to you

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Do you go to Fayetteville DL?

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just a heads up on those shots. If it is for wet Maccular degeneration, ask your Dr if a side affect is possile stroke. My 94 year old Dad had been getting those for a little over a year. Eylea was the drug they injected in his eye. He's now had 3 strokes. The first was in Sept and caused him to lose the left field of vision in both eyes. Just know what's going on. His Dr never told us about potential side affects. Good luck to you

Oh I have had a lot of strokes in the past, so I already take plenty of stuff for them. Docs say that blood clots etc would not happen very easily. but thanks for the heads up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread