What's new

Happy Day! Hatch Chiles at my grocer

Blackfoot58

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2023
Messages
6,191
Reaction score
15,831
Golden Thread
0
Location
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I always look forward to this day. I’m roasting, freezing, preserving in oil, eating fresh… Hatch chiles. This years batch has some “heat”. Some years they do not.
I’ll end up processing about 25 lbs.
These are treasure for me today. 👍🏼
IMG_4653.webp
 
I always look forward to this day. I’m roasting, freezing, preserving in oil, eating fresh… Hatch chiles. This years batch has some “heat”. Some years they do not.
I’ll end up processing about 25 lbs.
These are treasure for me today. 👍🏼
View attachment 2220807
Nice. Around the later 1990s, I'd go through Hatch at times to pickup fresh chillies when I was doing business in Silver City, NM. Immigration officers would often set-up out in the middle of nowhere road stops in the night around Hatch. They'd stop me with waving a flashlight and always ask first, Where were you born. I'd tell em Minneapolis, Minnesota and say, you know where that's at. I noticed at the local King Soopers grocery store yesterday a roasting drum setting out front, so I'm thinking they'll be roasting up some Hatch chillies there soon.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom