What's new

Happy Happy Happy

aWaredetector

Full Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2013
Messages
141
Reaction score
61
Golden Thread
0
Location
massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If there was one coin I wanted to find it was an Indian Head. Well, I found my first one yesterday. A 1905. Very toasted. Had to soak it in olive oil just to see the date. Took pictures but it looks like a round piece of dirt.
 
Upvote 4
Still cool !

congrats :thumbsup:
 
congrats.gif
aWaredetector!
 
Congrats, toasted or not, still a good find! :icon_thumright:
 
I know where Ware is- hunted there alot when i was a kid - got alot of nice coins and silver from there
9.gif
 
If you can get hold of a tumbler, I would definitely clean it that way since it's not worth anything anyway. It will bring out every bit of remaining detail on the coin. You would be amazed.

I use pea gravel, water, and a drop of dish soap. Give it 2-3 hours and you will be amazed.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom