HAPPY MARDI GRAS!!!!!

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Let the good times roll!

I'm eating the King Cake I baked last night and listening to Dr. John's "How Come My Dog Don't Bark When You Come Around?"

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo, CM

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Right back at cha Truth!

Some one ate the last paczki and when I went to buy more there was a silver dime in the coinstar reject tray. Whoo- hoo!

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or Carnival as it is called in latino countries..........always an interesting time.......there is a 4 day holiday every year for Carnival....

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Whipping up a shrimp and andouille gumbo tonight for Fat Tuesday Paul Prudhomme style.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whipping up a shrimp and andouille gumbo tonight for Fat Tuesday Paul Prudhomme style.

Now you talkin. Lol When I was younger, in the winter, my mom would give me a warm cup of gumbo stock in the morning that was leftover from the huge pot of gumbo we had the week before. The good ol days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Now you talkin. Lol When I was younger, in the winter, my mom would give me a warm cup of gumbo stock in the morning that was leftover from the huge pot of gumbo we had the week before. The good ol days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's fun when making a roux for gumbo, those not familiar might think I'm burning the roux. Like you know, the roux is cooked until almost black and has a smell like it can't possibility be good. Big surprise. A chef once said, most good things that happen in a kitchen are accidents. A gumbo roux might have happened this way where someone forgot it on a stove burner only to find out it was great this way.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here in PA it was Donut day.
all the old women make donuts.
especially the ones at the churches.
though Friday , June 2 is National Doughnut Day 2017 in United States of America

some call them Fastnachts.
Fastnacht Day is an annual Pennsylvania Dutch celebration that falls on Shrove Tuesday, the day before Ash Wednesday. The word translates to "Fast Night"

Though I heard someone call it Pancake day last night on FOX

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread