What's new

Happy to End the Year on a High Note!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
3,966
Reaction score
8,893
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Life tried to give me lemons today, but I used them to make lemon-drop martinis. I had good weather and several hours to dig, so I headed out on the 30 mile (one way) trip to my happy hunting grounds. I get to a schoolyard that is new to me and realized that I left my treasure bag, with Lesche tool and Garrett "Carrot" at home, ugh. I took stock of what I had in my truck besides my trusty ATPro. I remembered that I had a detector bag in the back with older spare parts and supplies! I put a quick kit together of older, weaker, not-so-ergonomic tools and headed out to the school yard. I was gifted with a marked 10 karat gold ring with CZ's from a soccer field goal box. About three feet behind that ring was another gold colored ring that was on the surface, barely hidden by the grass. I found an omnipresent aluminum kids ring in the tot lot also.

I decided to go to another older school that gave me sterling rings earlier this month. I was not disappointed. I found another crowd-pleasing mood ring and and while checking a narrow strip of dirt/lawn between the running track and fence line, I found an itty bitty (marked size 3/ .925/ NV) birthstone ring! I also scored a USMC (?) infantry corporal collar device in the old school lawn too. (Can anyone advise on the era this was used? It has two straight pins on the back.)

Harvesting gold and silver was a great way to end the calendar year 2015. I wish you all a very safe and Happy New Year. Happy Hunting if you go out this weekend! Thanks for looking. Sub 8-)
 

Attachments

  • Lemon1.webp
    Lemon1.webp
    128.1 KB · Views: 142
  • Lemon2.webp
    Lemon2.webp
    21.8 KB · Views: 131
  • Lemon3.webp
    Lemon3.webp
    29.6 KB · Views: 129
  • Lemon4.webp
    Lemon4.webp
    28.3 KB · Views: 124
  • Lemon5.webp
    Lemon5.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 135
  • Lemon6.webp
    Lemon6.webp
    33.6 KB · Views: 126
  • Lemon7.webp
    Lemon7.webp
    76.2 KB · Views: 129
Upvote 42
You have had one great year !!! Congrats
Glen
 
Great finds!that chevron is in fact a Marine Corps chevron. It's rank is corporal. E-4. That chevron is still used today and has been used since 1958 I believe when they added the crossed rifles I am not sure on that date but I think it's close.
 
Nice finds, makes you want to forget your regular gear all the time!
 
man what a great day!! Congrats!!!
 
So just how many rings did you dig this season, I stopped counting. :tongue3: Congrats on exploiting 2015 one more time Sub.
 
Wow! Now that was a great year of gold ring finds! :occasion14:

Congrats,
Dave
 
Fantastic ring recoveries! :occasion14:
 
WTG Sub! Nice assortment of finger glitter to finish out 2015!
 
Wow! Five rings?? Talk about an "Olympic" day!

Way to close out 2015!

Happy New Year!
 
I love lemon martinis! Especially while cleaning all them awesome finds!!

Congrats and happy 2016!
 
Perfect way to end the year. Congrats!!...Brad
 
Nice ending to a great year
 
Wow! Just imagine what you would have done if you'd brought the good equipment! There are some very nice looking rings in that bunch.
 
So just how many rings did you dig this season, I stopped counting. :tongue3: Congrats on exploiting 2015 one more time Sub.

Loco, I average about 20 rings per month. The usual average is 1/5th of those rings will be silver or gold. It has been a great year, and I am thankful! Sub8-)
 
Wow! Just imagine what you would have done if you'd brought the good equipment! There are some very nice looking rings in that bunch.
Thank you Old Dude, Yeah, I wasn't able to go as efficiently (fast) as usual as I had a circa 2000 White's box type pinpointer and an old style curved digger. i try to get the items out of the ground safely in less than 20-30 seconds and move on. There is only so much daylight in the winter to dig! Happy Hunting, Sub8-)
 
Really nice 5 ring hunt. I've only had on five ringer day since I acquired this addiction. Gotta' love it when those gold rings appear. Those schools and sports fields seem to never disappoint where rings are concerned. It still amazes me how many people play sports while wearing nice jewelry.

I also found one identical to the little junker at the bottom left a few weeks ago.
Congrats on a sweet hunt and Good Luck and HH in 2016......
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom