Happy Trails Update 11/22/06 (Great Day Before Thanksgiving)

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,

Gary and I had another Great Day and before Thanksgiving, we have a lot to be Thankfull for!

I just love this retirement thing and to be out on a day like today, wow.

Gary found 3 silver Washington Quarters 1937, 1941, 1948 S, 3 Rosy's 1941, 1946, 1961 D, and 2 Mercury's
1941 & 1945.

I found 1 Washington Quarter 1946, 4 Mercury dimes 1941, 1944, 1944 S, & 1945, 3 Rosy's 1948, 1953 D, & 1961 D, 1 Buffalo nickel 1937, a charm, and a 1959 Disneyland Key.

We both found over 75 Wheat penny's.

Hope you all have a Great Thanksgiving Day and to all of our Members of the Military Happy Thanksgiving and Thank You for Defending Our Freedom.

HH all, Ringfinder

Attachments

• Gary\'s Silver coins.jpg
    Gary\'s Silver coins.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 370
  • Denny\'s silver & Disneyland.jpg
    Denny\'s silver & Disneyland.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 366
  • A pile of Wheats.jpg
    A pile of Wheats.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 366
Upvote 1

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, yall did great. It's nice how the silver finds seem to be staying consistent at the site. 75 wheats, that's a lot!!! HH

DigMO

Sep 29, 2006
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX,Whites 6000 Di PRO SL
WOW-you both had a good day!Nice silver haul.You both have a happy Thanksgiving.

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
A fantastic day, ringfinder. It took me all of October to dig a homestead I located. I found 72 wheaties. You guys beat me in one day.

DM

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A great day indeed

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nate in Ohio said:
Wow, yall did great. It's nice how the silver finds seem to be staying consistent at the site. 75 wheats, that's a lot!!! HH

Thanks Nate and to everyone else who replied to my post. I'm not going there today, wife said no way, but
will be there first thing tomorrow morning.

Hope you and your dad and Dan get back to the Iceberg this weekend. I can't wait to see what other goodies you guys find.

I'd like to wish everyone a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving.

HH<Ringfinder

garrettfan2

Jul 24, 2006
dallas ft worth
what an awesome day. what kind of location were you at if you dont mind me asking? school, old home,park? i just wonder if i am missing coins i think i should be finding. happy TG! GF2 IN TX

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are really doing well with the finds, congrats and thanks for the post! HH, Mike

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes indeed something to be thankful for.....

BREATHING is 1 and Found silver coins is another......

CONGRATS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>HI HO SILVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
ringfinder said:
Nate in Ohio said:

Thanks Nate and to everyone else who replied to my post. I'm not going there today, wife said no way, but

Hope you and your dad and Dan get back to the Iceberg this weekend. I can't wait to see what other goodies you guys find.

HH<Ringfinder
Great digs Ringfinder!!...that place is still pumping it out!

Dunno about Saturday or Sunday, but tomorrow, Me, Mirage, Nate and a friend of theirs from a DFX forum will be going to an abandoned campground I located with my son back in July. A cop local to the area it's in told me about where it was (way back in some woods) and Spencer and I eventually found both latrines, the parking area and entrance road (all overgrown) and the foundation of the main lodge. The camp dates back from the mid 1800s I was told, and was abandoned in the 1930s.
We could NOT hunt it in July, as the mosquitos were so intense it was insane!....
THAT issue should NOT be a problem now!!
Good chance at some older silver and relics here.
We'll report back in one form or another before Monday with results...and there still may be a trip to the 'Berg before Monday :)

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Danimal said:
ringfinder said:
Nate in Ohio said:

HH<Ringfinder
Great digs Ringfinder!!...that place is still pumping it out!

Dunno about Saturday or Sunday, but tomorrow, Me, Mirage, Nate and a friend of theirs from a DFX forum will be going to an abandoned campground I located with my son back in July. A cop local to the area it's in told me about where it was (way back in some woods) and Spencer and I eventually found both latrines, the parking area and entrance road (all overgrown) and the foundation of the main lodge. The camp dates back from the mid 1800s I was told, and was abandoned in the 1930s.
We could NOT hunt it in July, as the mosquitos were so intense it was insane!....
THAT issue should NOT be a problem now!!
Good chance at some older silver and relics here.
We'll report back in one form or another before Monday with results...and there still may be a trip to the 'Berg before Monday :)

That's great Dan, hope you guy have a fun day at your new site. Sounds like you have been doing some great research. That's what it takes guys, lot of reading and talking to the older population. They know where the old parks, picnic area's and old building's were.

The place we are hunting is an old church camp and picnic grounds. We have found some IH's and barber coins, but not that many, we just haven't hit the old, old spot yet.

HH all, Ringfinder

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread