WOW!!! visit to 150+ yr old church!!!!!!!

garrettfan2

Jul 24, 2006
dallas ft worth
OK i went to a reeeeaaallllyy old church today. awesome weather, no one around. perfect sityation. struck out big time. 1st coin was 1952 wheat penny. seemed good. then for 2 hrs a goose egg. notta. i guess i was not the 1st to have the great idea to hunt the old yard. it was exciting to be there knowing the history. awesome hobby. to all a happy T'giving. gf2 in tx :( :(

Upvote 0

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh well. no one ever gets it all. there is more at that site. just longer finding it. there is a park between I-20 and I-45 on Highway 12. ever been there? it's rather large. coudln't tell you the name of it, but, i have been in dallas for a couple of days a week for the last few weeks and have been trying to keep my eyes peeled for some possible MD locations. i carry it out of town with me....just in case.

laater...

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well at least you got a coin
i had times when we would drive for a good half hour and find out the metal detector needs new batteries
like today good thing it was only 5 minutes away but when we got to this old fishing spot it was totally flooded.

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Congratulations on that wheatie. It seems that all the old spots I have went after so far have been picked. Oh well, some research might shed some light for us on an old site forgotten before the MD boom.

Rev

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread