Happy Trails Update Monday Dec. 11, 2006 (Barber Dimes and other Silver)

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello fellow hunters,

Wow, what a beautiful December day today was, 50 degree's ain't bad 14 day's before Christmas!

Back to the old Happy Trails site today. We thought the ground would still be froze, WRONG! It was great.

Gary bought a new 9x12 coil for his ACE 250 and it really does work great. He started off finding a 1912 D Barber Dime, went a couple of feet and popped out another Barber dime 1911. Altogether he found a 1957 Washington Quarter, a 1941 Mercury Dime, a 1935 Buffalo nickel and 5 Wheat pennies. He also found a Bracelet and a earring with a skull on it.

I found 3 Washington Quarters 1938, 1943 & 1964, a 1945 Mercury dime, a 1945 Roosevelt Dime, a 1943 P War nickel, a 1935 Buffalo nickel and 10 Wheat pennies. I also found a 5 inch long knife, with the blade open 8 1/2 inches long, now that will blow your headset off!

Of course we both found lots of clad coins, but most of them where in the early 1960's range. You get a good signal and dig down around 6 inches and out pops a Memorial penny, and then you look at the date and it's a 1961, you were oh so close.

Well hope you made it out today and also found some great finds.
HH all, Ringfinder

P.S. I'm also including a picture of the car I found a few days ago and forgot to include it in my post then.

Attachments

• Gary\'s finds.jpg
    Gary\'s finds.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 465
  • Jack\'s bracelet and skull earring find.jpg
    Jack\'s bracelet and skull earring find.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 472
  • Denny\'s finds.jpg
    Denny\'s finds.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 475
  • Big Pocket knife find.jpg
    Big Pocket knife find.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 473
  • Old Metal Toy Car.jpg
    Old Metal Toy Car.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 467
Upvote 0

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds. Need to add your old car on the TN Car Show.

;) RR

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
River Rat said:
Excellent finds. Need to add your old car on the TN Car Show.

;) RR

Thanks RR, I just posted the car on the TN Car show!

And yes we had a Very Great and enjoyable Day.
Hope it dosn't rain tomorrow, we want to go back!

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ring, great stuff!! Had to work all day but hope to get out tomorrow as the forecast is saying 50 as a high.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Well first off Denny, some of us still have to work for a living. ;) :D So, no detecting for me. I had a telecon, testing, ...you know, that kinda stuff. :P But you both did great. ;D ;D That place doesn't seem to be getting thinned out yet.

Was wondering if there was older stuff there. How deep were the barber dimes? Doesn't that big coil make the unit bottom heavy?

Bob

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mirage said:
Well first off Denny, some of us still have to work for a living. ;) :D So, no detecting for me. I had a telecon, testing, ...you know, that kinda stuff. :P But you both did great. ;D ;D That place doesn't seem to be getting thinned out yet.

Was wondering if there was older stuff there. How deep were the barber dimes? Doesn't that big coil make the unit bottom heavy?

Bob

Thanks for your reply Bob, Yeah this retirement thing is really bad, I don't think you will like it! LOL!

We have found some IH's and Barber dimes and silver quarters, and today Gary found an old machitiy. The dimes were only 2-4 inches down. Although we have dug silver quarters and half dollars at 6-8 inches.

The new coil is really great. Gary and I switched detector's and the first thing I found with the big coil was a Mercury dime, followed by a Washington Quarter. I really like the coil, it is well balanced and isn't heavy at all. I'm ordering me one in the morning. By the way, when you get a signal, it really sounds off strong. I really like that.

HH, Ringfinder

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
That car looks familiar!!
10-24castironcar.jpg

Great coins!....I like my 9x12 too, but it doesn't pinpoint anywhere near as tight as the stock coil. I still take it with me everywhere and use it when not in trashy areas.

Attachments

• 10-24castironcar.jpg
    10-24castironcar.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 370

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Holy...silver. You guys are still sucking the coins out of that area.

Great research!!!!!

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs,

hh

lonewolfe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread