What's new

Harbor Freight Magnets

Stringtyer

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2017
Messages
361
Reaction score
895
Golden Thread
0
Location
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the 81mm round magnet from Harbor Freight but find it lacks any real use other than to hold things on my refrigerator. I don't know what its pull power is but I'm thinking it isn't much.

Have y'all had any experience with their more powerful magnets (150 lb. and 250 lb.)? I'm thinking about getting those to keep in my kayak when I'm out fishing. I spend a lot of time under bridges and think there may be some interesting things there.
 
have the square one and its great. the yellow handled one with a release handle is also useful.
 
I have those also and was pleased with them until I finally was able to get my hands on the standard round magnets that everyone uses. I found that the 250 lb. one would not pick up nearly as much as a same rated round magnet. Probably best to purchase one on Amazon or visit one of the magnet sales sites and order a standard round magnet in the 300 lb size. Then you can better enjoy this new hobby
 
If allowed, this one is pretty good and easy to use.

https://www.harborfreight.com/long-reach-magnetic-pickup-tool-with-quick-release-93950.html

This one comes with all the hardware you need to get started except rope. It is ok, heavy, and would work on flat items best. I use it to hold small tools and junk at my desk when Im working on a project.

https://www.harborfreight.com/retrieving-magnet-250-lb-pull-36905.html

I have been steering away from HF and using hardware stores, ace is the best for quality stuff.
 
Anyone know if only the bottom of it is magnetic?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom