What's new

Hard Hunt...But didnt get skunked!

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 17, 2007
Messages
2,240
Reaction score
34
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Hard Hunt...But didn't get skunked!

I went out since it was Friday night and decided to do a bit of hunting. I noticed that they were installing a sprinkler system in the yard of an old house that pre-dates the Civil War. I have hunted this property several times, but usually only get a few iron readings. I decided to give it a try.

I called Mastereagle22 and asked him if he wanted to go along. He said in the same whispering voice he always uses when I call....."I can't go. :'( I am in big trouble with the wife....(now holding phone on my leg)I didn't get everything done that I was supposed to and she is mad and wanting me to go to her in-laws to eat and when we get back I have to take my son to his friends house"*******I Hung Up on him. :laughing7:

I arrived at the old house and was disappointed to learn that very little actual dirt had been removed to install the sprinkler system. Rather, they ditched the lawn, and then refilled the runs with the dirt they removed and then hauled in some extra dirt :'( and leveled off some of the lawn. I have not run my new small coil in such a challenging yard, and decided to hit it hard for a few hours. After three hours....I had not found much. Here is what I got.
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0034.webp
    DSC_0034.webp
    91.4 KB · Views: 629
  • DSC_0035.webp
    DSC_0035.webp
    30.5 KB · Views: 618
  • DSC_0037.webp
    DSC_0037.webp
    33.6 KB · Views: 623
  • DSC_0044.webp
    DSC_0044.webp
    33.6 KB · Views: 623
  • DSC_0036.webp
    DSC_0036.webp
    31.4 KB · Views: 636
  • DSC_0038.webp
    DSC_0038.webp
    49.1 KB · Views: 629
Upvote 0
Re: Hard Hunt...But didn't get skunked!

Any idea what the little piece marked Sterling is?
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0039.webp
    DSC_0039.webp
    28.5 KB · Views: 619
  • DSC_0040.webp
    DSC_0040.webp
    36.8 KB · Views: 619
  • DSC_0038a.webp
    DSC_0038a.webp
    50.7 KB · Views: 603
Re: Hard Hunt...But didn't get skunked!

Great finds but the Ford key is not Model T, looks like a 40 or a 50's key...won't fit my '24.
Bob
 
Re: Hard Hunt...But didn't get skunked!

Got some nice relics there! WTG! :headbang:
 
Re: Hard Hunt...But didn't get skunked!

Kudzu said:
Great finds but the Ford key is not Model T, looks like a 40 or a 50's key...won't fit my '24.
Bob

Really? Shoot....I thought I had seen one before and maybe that was what I had. Oh well, had fun.
 
Re: Hard Hunt...But didn't get skunked!

MEMORIAL MAGNET said:
Got some nice relics there! WTG! :headbang:

Yeah, not too bad I guess. I haven't been tearing it up, but I guess considering the places I have to hunt......... :BangHead:
 
Re: Hard Hunt...But didn't get skunked!

The silver looks to be the lid of a Vesta Match Case.
 
Re: Hard Hunt...But didn't get skunked!

Nice finds, BB. Not sure about the key ??? Don't you just love those rusty nails >:(
 
Re: Hard Hunt...But didn't get skunked!

I think that silver may be a crushed ring :dontknow: I have several in that condition :laughing9: The bright side is that you had a good day out and that alone counts for something :headbang:
 
Re: Hard Hunt...But didn't get skunked!

Nice finds. Congrats....
 
Re: Hard Hunt...But didn't get skunked!

Good finds by yourself! Mastereagle just stays in hot water when it comes to metal detecting, I liked the way you explained the phone call. ROTFLMAO!!!

Steve :wink:
 
Re: Hard Hunt...But didn't get skunked!

:-\ Poor, ME. :P He's just waiting on the fall weather, is all. :wink:

That silver what's it is cool. Is that some sort of writing above the sterling word?

Congrats on those finds, BB! :thumbsup:

Nana
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom