Hard rock mining tool..Anyone know what for?

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bank receipt Tamrock. At one time, i had thought of collecting such items but soon realized that it would take away from my "hobby budget". The Huguette story has been very interesting to follow the last couple of years. I am sure with the pending litigation, many more colorful twists will be added. You are right about the great area I call call home. Here are a couple pictures to whet your appetite and maybe give you a reason to plan for extra time in the area.

View attachment 848320 View attachment 848321

View attachment 848322 View attachment 848323

View attachment 848325 View attachment 848326

View attachment 848327
So cool, love the old stamp mill. someone should collect that all before the grave robbers get it. I should be getting more shots as I go about my business. I'm heading to Questa NM this morn with a jackleg rep from Canada. Got to get him here soon at DIA the hick aint got a cell phone. I wonder are there any pay phones in airports these days. I did one night stay at the Copper mansion in Butte. Will post pics latter of that spook house, I was the only guest that night in the winter.

OP
OP
Dustedyou

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Treasure finder. Gold Cube, Chisel, Hammer, Eye Loop.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So cool, love the old stamp mill. someone should collect that all before the grave robbers get it. I should be getting more shots as I go about my business. I'm heading to Questa NM this morn with a jackleg rep from Canada. Got to get him here soon at DIA the hick aint got a cell phone. I wonder are there any pay phones in airports these days. I did one night stay at the Copper mansion in Butte. Will post pics latter of that spook house, I was the only guest that night in the winter.

Some great spots up and east of Questa on Jawbone mtn.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some great spots up and east of Questa on Jawbone mtn.
Never known of the Jawbone Mts. Whats there?... Have read of old copper mines around the lower NW of New Mex. You say Jawbone Mts are east of Questa?... I google and see Jawbone just north of hwy 64 out of Tres Piedras and West of Questa. I've taken the hwy 64 route a few times over the years going to Farminton and will stop and watch the Steam Locomotives switch out at the end of the day in Chama as it looks so much more authentic then the train in Durango. It looks as if your set back to the 1920s era mountain rail system with the sounds, smell, smoke, soot, dirt and all. I stayed this week in Red River and came in on Hwy 38 from Cimarron. Always wanted to take some time and look around Elizabethtown. I read that was some placer mining in the past and the biggest nugget of New Mexico was found in that area. It looks to be a private property kind of area though.

OP
OP
Dustedyou

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Treasure finder. Gold Cube, Chisel, Hammer, Eye Loop.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Never known of the Jawbone Mts. Whats there?... Have read of old copper mines around the lower NW of New Mex. You say Jawbone Mts are east of Questa?... I google and see Jawbone just north of hwy 64 out of Tres Piedras and West of Questa. I've taken the hwy 64 route a few times over the years going to Farminton and will stop and watch the Steam Locomotives switch out at the end of the day in Chama as it looks so much more authentic then the train in Durango. It looks as if your set back to the 1920s era mountain rail system with the sounds, smell, smoke, soot, dirt and all. I stayed this week in Red River and came in on Hwy 38 from Cimarron. Always wanted to take some time and look around Elizabethtown. I read that was some placer mining in the past and the biggest nugget of New Mexico was found in that area. It looks to be a private property kind of area though.

bingo but there is a ton of USGS there too.. Old mines are all over and the abandoned mine commission hasnt hit em yet ... found a vein of Quartz 30ft wide on top of jawbone.. had micro gold in it (when i was 8) went camping up there a couple of years later (20)+ and found wire gold in the same vein. there are some sights there with real potential.. and yes your right its west of Questa / Tres Piadres on HWY64 and east of Tilla Amarilla / Chama. and if you wana talk NM gold or Moly hollar at me TONS of spots all over this state with "Fun" stuff..lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread