What's new

Hardaway Palmer?

Totsuwa

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2014
Messages
36
Reaction score
27
Golden Thread
0
Location
Spruce Pine, North Carolina
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found this point in Avery County North Carolina not far from the Tennessee state line. I have been told it's some sort of "Hardaway" reworked but I have researched and think it's a "Hardaway Palmer" like the one in the new Overstreet ID and Price Guide but with a little shorter auricles.
Hardaway-Palmer(with a dime).webpHardaway-Palmer(side1).webpHardaway-Palmer(side2).webp
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to the site Totsua! That's a killer piece!

I think you have made an intelligent assessment with your type.
 
It does not look Hardaway to me, but I am not an expert on Hardaway nor western NC typology. Hardaway usually has more flare outwards in the basal ears. Either way, it's a really cool little point! Thanks for showing....
 
Here is a Hardaway Palmer from the southern piedmont of NC that my coworker found last year. Very nice quartz point you have.
Luke H.webp
 
That's a nice find and welcome to Tnet. It looks like a couple of styles in one point ,part Hardaway and part Big Sandy. The bottom of the base is made like a Hardaway, but the notching and blade area looks like a Big Sandy.:icon_scratch:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom