What's new

"Hartford" Rd. find W/pix

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
1,704
Reaction score
55
Golden Thread
0
"Hartford" Rd. find W/pix

Hi all, Haven't been posting much as I haven't been finding much!...Few 40%ers here and there. That's all, so have been taking some time off from CRHing. Well, today was bright and sunny, so took "Riley" for a nice ride to an area I hardly ever go. First stop produced a very nice Ben Franklin 1953-D from a teller's tray. After a few more banks,....nothing. Was heading out of the area and made a wrong turn which got me a little lost. While trying to right myself, I turned on none other than "HARTFORD" Road. Had to go up and circle around and suddenly there was a Bank of America I had never been to. Well...you guessed it!...one of the tellers had Ben's twin brother and two other 40%ers in her tray. Thought to myself...."finding silver on "HARTFORD" Rd. How about that! Our Commander and Chief and best friend, Rich Hartford, must have been thinking of me today.
Thanks Rich!
rileyboy and "Riley"
 

Attachments

  • 1021001423.webp
    1021001423.webp
    11.7 KB · Views: 395
  • 1021001422_0001.webp
    1021001422_0001.webp
    12.8 KB · Views: 384
Upvote 0
Re: "Hartford" Rd. find W/pix

Cool find on a cool street :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I live a few blocks from a "Hartford Ave." All the houses are from the 18th century. Some occupied,some mini museums, with signs that say "Washington took a nap here",Lafayette ate corn on the cob here" and "Rochambeau used the outhouse here". There is an old bank near the town green called "Ye Most Auncient Towne Bank"Lots of old silver sat there before it became a library. Would have liked to have hit that place when it was a bank,but that was a little bit before my time.
HH
Rich
 
Re: "Hartford" Rd. find W/pix

That is it!! Thanks Rileyboy!! I'm putting my house on Skunk Street up for sale tomorrow!!!

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Re: "Hartford" Rd. find W/pix

Rich,
I absolutely had to chuckle when I saw the name of the street and then scored some silver.
What a fun day!
rileyboy
 
Re: "Hartford" Rd. find W/pix

rileyboy said:
Rich,
I absolutely had to chuckle when I saw the name of the street and then scored some silver.
What a fun day!
rileyboy

That is kind of funny. Maybe you should order a couple of boxes from them.
I'm going to see if I can find a bank on the Riley Turnpike. :laughing7:
HH
Rich
 
Re: "Hartford" Rd. find W/pix

If I find a bank on roads named "Hartford" or "Riley" I will be sure to stop in. :laughing9:

apush :read2:
 
Re: "Hartford" Rd. find W/pix

Good score, :thumbsup: :laughing7:
HH..Miner
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom