What's new

Harvested some Wheat

Fropa

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2007
Messages
511
Reaction score
29
Golden Thread
0
Location
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I picked up a $50 bag of cents on Tuesday. A bunch of the rolls had Wheat showing on the ends. I found 98 Wheat cents total.

6FEB09_Cent_Bag.jpg


It was quantity and not quality. 36 in the 40s and 62 in the 50s, nothing older than 1940. There were also 26 Canadian, oldest was 1943 and the newest 2006.

While I was looking for errors I found a 1995 with a fairly long die crack.

6FEB09_Cent_Die_Crack_1.jpg
6FEB09_Cent_Die_Crack_2.jpg
6FEB09_Cent_Die_Crack_3.jpg


It runs from the top above the W to behind the ear. I'm guessing it's not worth much but still the first real die crack I've found.
 
Upvote 0
Very nice photo's, I'm not big into die cracks to give you much info, but it's a coin I'd hold on to. Nice score on the wheaties. not a bad total.


Chris
 
Awesome bag - congrats!!! Man you have a good eye to catch that crack!!!!! :thumbsup:
 
Nice find and good eye! Are you keeping any of the Canadians?
 
Nice Canadians. I've gotten so many while CRH, I bought a folder.
 
WOW! Nice bag! You must have young eyes to catch a die crack like that.
 
Thanks everybody. I do save all the Canadian coins I find. I've got a bunch and would like to get a folder for them. I wish my eyes were good enough to see a die crack on a cent without help. I was checking it under a microscope and saw the crack.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom