Has Anyone Else Flown On B52s?

Riverbum

Jul 13, 2011
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've read where sons & daughter of the pilots who flew those about twenty years prior are now flying the same aircraft their parents did. B-52 under go lots of refitting and techno-upgrades to keep them current and just as deadly

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never had the pleasure of flying in a B52 But in 1968 I did get to witness the greatest display of firepower one could ever imagine! We were dug in a little under one mile from Chu Pa mountain when a B52 turned it into a mud hole. Never saw the plane. WE saw the arc light, then the top of the mountain went up in the air and then we felt the ground shake along with the deafening blast. That's when we realized we weren't far enough away! IT WAS AWESOME!!!

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've was in the private Helicopter business for several years.
We were working near a Air Force Base down south and a B-52 flew over us at low altitude.
Wow ... what an impressive aircraft !

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never flow on one, but when I lived in San Antonio around 1984 one of my roommates worked at a big facility that was updating the B52's and you'd always see them flying over head. That's a sight I've seen in awhile now, but it's amazing to know that's an aircraft that isn't going away anytime soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread