What's new

Has anyone else noticed a MAJOR decline in their CRH finds?

placerman

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2005
Messages
286
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
For all of 2009 and 2010 up until a month ago or so, my average was 0.6% silver and 0.4% NIFC and Proof. There was some variation in this but that variation usually was to the higher.

Over the past three weeks I have a total silver, NIFC, and Proof find rate of 0.04%.

I'm down something like 95% from "normal" levels.

My best week of 2009 was 2.65% silver, 3.5% if you count NIFC and Proofs. In the past month my best week has been 0.1%.

Last weeks average was 0.0125%. That's one good coin out of 8000 searched. I guess that's better than a skunk....

Prior to now, I would occasionally have a few bad boxes but not too bad. Now skunk boxes are the norm. In fact in all of 2009, I had just 2 skunk boxes.

I have had 43 skunk boxes in just the past 5 weeks.

I wouldn't mind so much if this was average for this area. But for a relatively long time, my average has been rock steady, and all of a sudden it just dropped off a cliff.

Have so many people started doing CRH in the past two months that this is the new normal?

Maybe I have "over-fished" my particular pond and need to start CRHing in other areas as well?
 
Upvote 0
My finds began to drop off about 2 years ago when the competition began to creep in.
 
I easily beat my finds for both January and February of last year with far less hunting.
HH
Rich
 
I would think that if you stay consistent on how much you search and in the same area that eventually you are going to be going through your own dumps once you have picked out the majority of what was there. Then its just hoping for some new coins to hit the banks i would think.
 
Read the large discussion about "two tiers" of CRHing (under the topic you started on the future of CRH). You may have finished tier 1 (The silver that has been there for a while, built up and waiting for yout o eventually get to the bottom of the entire float of halves in your area), and now you are going to consistently get some silver from tier 2 (the new silver hitting the market all the time, replenishing itself, but at a SLOW rate) and tier 2 alone.

If so, then that is your new norm.

If it was just a big influx worked at once, and tier 1 still exists by your area, then you'll go back to normals.

But your averages are about what mine have been for the past 2 1/2 years. 1 silver about every 4.2 boxes. But I also get silver from trays, at a much higher rate, as I circumvent the tier 2 coins that were going to b enter the system. They are held for me instead, and I get a LOT more silver form halves from tellers than from boxes. :-)

Welcome to tier 2 ...
 
Placerman,

From some of the recent posts, it seems like many have been finding less.

JRF's explanation from another post explained it well.

It also explains the phenomenon where a newbie starts up in an area with no or few CRHers and scores big, and that person thinks it will be like that forever. Only to find out in a few months or so that the magic fountain of silver has run somewhat dry. This was how it was for me, only the "fountain" did not last that long because several others started CRHing around here shortly after I did. Unfortunately I was doing a very low volume, thus I did not take advantage of the good situation I had for a short time.

Jim
 
Nope, when I was keeping my dumps in the district, the finds became slim. Now, I move 20k a month out of district and I'm back in "Tier 1". Just have to change your strategy.
 
Diver_Down said:
Just have to change your strategy.


You are right.

It just occurred to me that my pick up and dump bank are using the exact same service (Brinks) and Brinks delivers and picks up from both branches on the same day even. My pick ups today will be dumped tomorrow and picked up by probably the same truck exactly 7 days after delivering it to my pick up bank.

So if I understand correctly, it took me about 9 months to use up all the tier one supply of silver from a (relatively) small area and now Ill be working with diminishing returns as long as I use this area exclusively?

How do I research and decide on a new area, one serviced by a different security company preferably? Ive tried to figure out the service areas from the websites with no luck. I know Garda, Brinks, and Loomis all operate in the general area, so if I could just figure out what banks they work with I might be able to figure something out.

Thanks guys. I really do appreciate you guys and this forum...
 
Alright I know that Brinks services both my pick up and main dump bank, yet the boxes are the Loomis type, can anyone explain?

How can I find a bank that uses a different service? I dont know of any way to research this, other than to ask them which I dont think they would understand my wanting to know....lol
 
placerman said:
Alright I know that Brinks services both my pick up and main dump bank, yet the boxes are the Loomis type, can anyone explain?

How can I find a bank that uses a different service? I dont know of any way to research this, other than to ask them which I dont think they would understand my wanting to know....lol

Ding, Ding, Ding. We have a winner. It is called social engineering. Call and ask them. Call Brinks and find out their regional offices. Speak with the teller supervisor/vault manager. Determine what service they use. Observe delivery routes and times. The answers are out there, you just have to ask.
 
Nope, no drop off here. If I remember correctly placer, you started off on a roll. Not hard to start off with a bang, consistancy is the key. You can swoop in and get all the silver in the first few weeks, over the long term is where you will build your stash.
 
placerman said:
Alright I know that Brinks services both my pick up and main dump bank, yet the boxes are the Loomis type, can anyone explain?

How can I find a bank that uses a different service? I dont know of any way to research this, other than to ask them which I dont think they would understand my wanting to know....lol

Dont be fooled by who picks up and drops off. I was also getting "loomis" looking boxes from a bank that used brinks as their supplier. Come to find out its because brinks was picking up from this banks company vault for them due to location. So i wasnt getting any actual brinks coins at all. Just what folks had dropped off at other "same company named" banks in that part of the state and evidentally some of those banks were supplied by loomis, then carried to their vault.

Figured this out when i ordered 4 boxes and all 4 boxes were totally different and had 3 seperate company logos.
 
my guess is that a whole lot of people who are now unemployed and have lots of time on their hands and have stumbled on this forum in your area.
 
placerman said:
Alright I know that Brinks services both my pick up and main dump bank, yet the boxes are the Loomis type, can anyone explain?

How can I find a bank that uses a different service? I dont know of any way to research this, other than to ask them which I dont think they would understand my wanting to know....lol
Case the Bank(s)for a single week in your area record the Days, times, and delivery services that service your Banks- I've done this for the Banks in my area that use- case to determine if am gonna hit them for Boxes; do it once and your done, also ask the right questions- make the right friends in a Bank or few and you can learn a lota good info to discern a strategy to hit the Banks as well as dump- like you do not wana dump on 2sday when the carrier picked up on Monday, duhhhh! And I could go on but feel am incriminating myself enough as it is talkin about casing & hitting Banks and all as it is. ::)

And yes our Box volume is way up like 3 times what was last year and yet our Silver volume despite is down by over half!
 
riverguy said:
my guess is that a whole lot of people who are now unemployed and have lots of time on their hands and have stumbled on this forum in your area.

Uh, if they is unemployed they surely do not have the spare cash to do Boxes or hit Banks; I'm renting room(s) out myself to avoid penury being unemployed- just booted one fella out and got another in, times is tuff and gonna get alot tuffer too, for all of US; we are on a downhill track and the bridge is out ahead- don't let them fool ya, our Media is entirely controlled, this includes Fox News News, Beck & Limbaugh and the rest of the Corporate sponsored so called "conservative" voices out there like Sarah [endorsed McCain] Palin, what a crock and the doppy conservatives are following her right over da cliff too.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom