What's new

Has anyone found any magnetic rocks?

MZKITY62

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2009
Messages
95
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
GENEVA COUNTY, ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
I came across lots of small magnetic rocks this weekend. My brother seems to think they are from the 1833 metior shower from when "stars fell on Alabama". What are the chances? They did say that they fell like hailstones.
 
Are you saying the rocks are attracted to a magnet or act as a magnet to other metals? It is fairly common to find all types of small rocks on a magnet just about anywhere around here in North Alabama. I have always attributed it to high iron content.
 
I think that these are small meteroites, but I am not sure. I do know that there was a meteor shower in 1833 that rained small stones all over the south for several days it is also known as when "Stars fell on Alabama". I am just wondering if what I am finding could be remnants of that. I have found a lot of them on a dirt road.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom