What's new

Has anyone hunted in Canada?

SnakemanBill

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2008
Messages
411
Reaction score
233
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going to the Toronto area for a week around Labor Day weekend and was wondering whether or not anyone had done any roll hunting there?
 
Upvote 0
I had time to try one bank in Vancouver last year. I asked for American halves. None. Give it a try, let us know how it goes.
 
Silver_Fox said:
I had time to try one bank in Vancouver last year. I asked for American halves. None. Give it a try, let us know how it goes.

Now why would you ask fo U.S. coins in Canada...... Well I suppose you could ask. But I never ask for Canadian coins here, just have the misfortune of getting lot's of it mixed in with my rolls.....

I'm thinking his question is, has anyone had success in finding Canadian silver. ?

Mojo
 
Because it was so close to the border I thought maybe some might filter in. I was leaving the next day and didn't want to get stuck with a bunch of foreign coin.
 
If you're talking finding silver in Canada, I don't think you'd have that much luck. Silver halves and dollars in Canada are different sizes than clad ones, so I don't think they'd be as likely to be hiding out in a roll. Halves are extremely rare there. If you collect Canadian coins and tried hard enough I think you might find some clad 50 cent pieces (don't call them half dollars up there) and old dollar coins (big clad ones).

Brian
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom