What's new

Has ANYONE EVER

Gare

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2012
Messages
13,408
Reaction score
30,223
Golden Thread
0
Location
Canton Ohio Area
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looked for the Lead Plates
A lead plate was buried near the mouth of the Muskingum River in present day Harmar by Captain Joseph Pierre Bienville de Celoron (1693-1759) on August 15, 1749. It was the fourth such marker placed by Celoron's Expedition on his trip down the Ohio River.

I think he placed 7 of them in 1749. Just wondering if anyone has put any time into them ?
 
Looked for the Lead Plates
A lead plate was buried near the mouth of the Muskingum River in present day Harmar by Captain Joseph Pierre Bienville de Celoron (1693-1759) on August 15, 1749. It was the fourth such marker placed by Celoron's Expedition on his trip down the Ohio River.

I think he placed 7 of them in 1749. Just wondering if anyone has put any time into them ?
I've handled stacks of lead plates, helping a Mason, for shielding the insides of a x-ray room in a hospital. 2 inch thick..
 
This is from Muskingum County. My friend found it on his grandparents farm in the 60's.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20260310-185041_Photos.webp
    Screenshot_20260310-185041_Photos.webp
    71.9 KB · Views: 87
I was just wondering if anyone on here had looked for those lead marker plates
 
I've handled stacks of lead plates, helping a Mason, for shielding the insides of a x-ray room in a hospital. 2 inch thick..

X-ray rooms are shielded with lead, yes, but anything over 1/4" of lead sheeting is
complete overkill, especially with the amount of weight involved. A single 4x8 sheet
of 3/4" plywood, including a 1/4" lead laminate, weighs in at over 500 pounds.

Walls of 2" lead would require a massive concrete or I-beam substructure to support it.
 
X-ray rooms are shielded with lead, yes, but anything over 1/4" of lead sheeting is
complete overkill, especially with the amount of weight involved. A single 4x8 sheet
of 3/4" plywood, including a 1/4" lead laminate, weighs in at over 500 pounds.

Walls of 2" lead would require a massive I-beam substructure to support it.
We layed it on top the structure between the ceiling, not much room, that was a bitch..
 
X-ray rooms are shielded with lead, yes, but anything over 1/4" of lead sheeting is
complete overkill, especially with the amount of weight involved. A single 4x8 sheet
of 3/4" plywood, including a 1/4" lead laminate, weighs in at over 500 pounds.

Walls of 2" lead would require a massive concrete or I-beam substructure to support it.
I remember pallets of stacked plates, we would transfer them into wheelbarrow, then wheel them in. They had male and female joints. I can't remember the exact size, but I have a text out, trying to get confirmation on thickness we installed.
I am surprised to see what Google had to say.
I have a bad memory, but I didn't help install 1/8 inch lead shielding, that I know. Maybe inch, but I thought two..
I hope to hear back..
 
I have a bad memory, but I didn't help install 1/8 inch lead shielding, that I know. Maybe inch, but I thought two..

Be interesting to hear what the actual thickness was. FWIW, I spent much of my working career
in the shielding business, although it was mostly RF and microwave. I do know that X-ray fields
tend to weaken quickly, meaning if you're standing 6-8 ft. from the source you're only absorbing
less than 25% of the original field strength.
 
I was talking about the lead plates deceleron planted in 1749 to mark the lands in America for France'
 
I was talking about the lead plates deceleron planted in 1749 to mark the lands in America for France'

He buried them? I've never heard of anyone finding one of them, but
I can imagine it would bring a pretty penny.

Do you have approximate locations on any of them?
 
No i do not have much information on them. Wish i did. He had a journal and posted about them in his journal. I am not even sure he buried them. But what he did was claim the land for France.

I In 1749 the French Governor of Canada sent Celoron de Blainville (sometimes called Celeron de Bienville), with 235 French and Indian troops down the Allegheny and Ohio Rivers to re-possess the western lands for France. Along its route the expedition buried six leaden plates.

 
Any river experts here. Just seems he put them at the head waters of the rivers. How much would the head waters change in 277 years ???
 
 
I used to EVER all the time until I heard to much evering could make you go blind so I stopped at least for a while anyway.
 
I Wiish I Would have had The wherewithal To Look for The Missing Plates . That is one of the ultimate Treasures in the N.E. :coffee2:

though I Don't know What I Would have Done if I Had & Succeeded
Not Trusting Greedy Lawyers Or the Greedy Powers that Be. :tongue3:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom