Has anyone seen these commems before?

Chiz

Mar 26, 2003
New Jersey....
Searching though my coins, I came upon these 2 commems which are obviously proof coins (the left ones are obv and rev of one coin and the 2 liberty's are on the same coin). A couple of us have been searching for them on the web and in books but can't seem to find them... no dates on them, except for the liberty is celebrating the centennial (1886-1986), and they are heavy. Which brings me to why I am asking because they both are a perfect 1.000 troy ounce, hmmm... makes you wonder... They are slightly larger than a silver dollar! Any help would be appreciated!!! thanks!

~ Chiz

Attachments

• commems.jpg
    commems.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 335
OP
OP
Chiz

Chiz

Mar 26, 2003
New Jersey....
oops... sorry, they are gold in color! We tried the Franklin mint caalogs with no luck... good idea to send them a pic tho! thanks!

~ Chiz

Upvote 0

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not coins at all, privately made medals. I doubt they are bullion rounds or they would state the weight and fineness. Doubtful they are precious metal.

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
l.cutler said:
Not coins at all, privately made medals. I doubt they are bullion rounds or they would state the weight and fineness. Doubtful they are precious metal.
I agree but I am just guessing. They appear gold plated. I have a gold plated Eisenhower clad dollar that looks like these. But as stated these are not coins, there is no denomination.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Chiz

Chiz

Mar 26, 2003
New Jersey....
bigcypresshunter said:
l.cutler said:
I agree but I am just guessing. They appear gold plated. I have a gold plated Eisenhower clad dollar that looks like these. But as stated these are not coins, there is no denomination.

I tend to agree with both of you since I, or the coin dealer I partner with, can not find these anywhere... it was just odd that they both weigh an exact troy ounce and the fact that nobody has seen them before (as far as the dealers I showed them to). I wasn't expecting them to be solid gold or such, that would be the icing, just want to put a deffinitive answer to what they are and where they came from! Thanks!

~ Chiz

Upvote 0

Letsgethammered

Feb 15, 2010
Absolutely no offence intended , but i would hazard a guess they might very well be Chinese products , a scan through the bullion section of ebay will produce a multitude of weird and wonderful and apparantly American commemoratives,they're not.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread