Has anyone used CBD oils for joint pain ?

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those poor people... sheesh... and to think ... the war against the sick and dying rages on.

Not to mention the people who just recreational it.

Much rather be beside the pot smoker in traffic than the drunk OR PILL head.

How bout you ?

To me this just seems so ... um... I am at a loss for words now... said my peace. heh

Ps... seems to me that things become more backwards arse everyday.

Last edited:

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do have a supply of vaping CBD,and while I’m no doctor,I think the whole “CBD works for me” thing depends on one’s own mindset and the actual severity of the ailment. Since last November my right shoulder had developed a very painful case of bursitis/rotator cuff pain. It got so bad I HAD to get it looked at,I couldn’t sleep,it was hard to do my job as an auto mechanic and certainly couldn’t metal detect comfortably. I vaped ALOT of CBD and it didn’t do much(500mg). The doctor I saw is a guy I hadn’t seen before and he recommended a steroid shot in my shoulder. I couldn’t say “No”, I was at the end of my rope. Getting the injection wound up being one of the best things I’ve ever done,it feels SO good now I’m probably going to get my other shoulder done. It is absolutely 100% feeling good with NO pain whatsoever.
I guess my point is...don’t blow a bunch of money trying to vape your way out of a situation that should be handled a different way. And if you’re having shoulder/rotator cuff pain(the “rotator cuff” is the whole mass of muscles,tendons and tissue that make up your shoulder) talk with a qualified sports medicine provider about getting an injection. It takes 10 minutes or less and has been a GODSEND for me.

Steve Ia

Aug 22, 2010
I've never used CBD. I looked in to it, but there was a price stopper. I've had shoulder pain so bad it just about put me out of the hobby. So I saw a youtube video on MSM. A guy who sounded much worse off than I had found relief with MSM. I bought 60 pills at the health food store for $7. In just a few days I started feeling relief and now my shoulder is pain free. For someone experiencing shoulder or joint pain I highly recommend it. It has been a life changer for me.

Last edited:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never used OBD. I looked in to it, but there was a price stopper. I've had shoulder pain so bad it just about put me out of the hobby. So I saw a youtube video on MSM. A guy who sounded much worse off than I had found relief with MSM. I bought 60 pills at the health food store for $7. In just a few days I started feeling relief and now my shoulder is pain free. For someone experiencing shoulder or joint pain I highly recommend it. It had been a life changer for me.
Can you elaborate on MSM? Thanks!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do have a supply of vaping CBD,and while I’m no doctor,I think the whole “CBD works for me” thing depends on one’s own mindset and the actual severity of the ailment. Since last November my right shoulder had developed a very painful case of bursitis/rotator cuff pain. It got so bad I HAD to get it looked at,I couldn’t sleep,it was hard to do my job as an auto mechanic and certainly couldn’t metal detect comfortably. I vaped ALOT of CBD and it didn’t do much(500mg). The doctor I saw is a guy I hadn’t seen before and he recommended a steroid shot in my shoulder. I couldn’t say “No”, I was at the end of my rope. Getting the injection wound up being one of the best things I’ve ever done,it feels SO good now I’m probably going to get my other shoulder done. It is absolutely 100% feeling good with NO pain whatsoever.
I guess my point is...don’t blow a bunch of money trying to vape your way out of a situation that should be handled a different way. And if you’re having shoulder/rotator cuff pain(the “rotator cuff” is the whole mass of muscles,tendons and tissue that make up your shoulder) talk with a qualified sports medicine provider about getting an injection. It takes 10 minutes or less and has been a GODSEND for me.

To each problem there is a solution.

CBD is not a FULL "pain reliever" .... and I must ask... "where" you bought / obtained your CBD oils ?

Gas station OR the likes OR from an actual dispensary ?

There is a major issue with "quality" and "fraudulent" CBD oils currently.

Also...

CBD vs THC... THC relieves pain WAY more than CBD could ever.

Gods gift to mankind. :)

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP... I requested your title to your thread to be corrected from OBD to CBD.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watch out! Heard bits & pieces of a news report that stated in some states the law only applies to "leaf type smoking marijuana" doesn't technically cover OBD and the cops are getting wise to this loophole. So sounds like the small town PDs still got a way to squeeze the revenue fruit. Like I said, I only heard bits & pieces of this news story.

Anyone try the DMSO thing? We had a guy at work 60+ that played on a couple baseball teams swore by it. He'd "butter up" before going to his games. Anyone remember this?

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To each problem there is a solution.

CBD is not a FULL "pain reliever" .... and I must ask... "where" you bought / obtained your CBD oils ?

Gas station OR the likes OR from an actual dispensary ?

There is a major issue with "quality" and "fraudulent" CBD oils currently.

Also...

CBD vs THC... THC relieves pain WAY more than CBD could ever.

Gods gift to mankind. :)

I got it from a genuine large vape store. I agree that the gas station versions are to be avoided. And I also agree that the THC version would be WAY better.. just can’t get it in Wisconsin.��

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahh title got changed ... Thanks TH.

Steve Ia

Aug 22, 2010
I found this article that describes it much better than I can. The youtube video that got me started on it was from a guy who had some serious injuries and found relief by taking MSM. He said he did not experince good results until he started taking fairly high doses. I believe he was taking around 2 teaspoons of the powder form of MSM daily which I think would be about 4 grams per teaspoon. I have had great results by taking 1000 mg twice a day(one gram equals 1000mg), and now I have been able to reduce that to just one 1000 mg pill each day, with great results for pain relief in my shoulders. I was having trouble sleeping because of the pain and had to use my left hand to help push my right arm up when I needed to reach above my head. I would say I have achieved 90 to 98% pain relief with most of the time feeling no pain at all. I had went to the doctor and he made an appointment to send me to a surgeon, which I cancelled because I wasn't ready for shoulder replacement surgery. Now I believe my pain must have been caused by inflammation. I buy mine at a health food store. I get the pills but I saw they also had 1/2 lb of the powder form for about $11. I see that they also have the pills at Walmart, so its not hard to find. Here is a short article that describes it:What Are MSM Supplements?

What is MSM (methylsulfonylmethane)? Methylsulfonylmethane, also known as dimethyl sulfone (methyl sulfone) or DMSO2, is the oxidized form of dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO), an organic sulfur compound (aka organosulfur compound) from lignan. It’s an organic sulfur-containing compound that’s used to improve immune function, lower inflammation and help restore healthy bodily tissue. MSM is also a popular joint health supplement. It also naturally occurs in some green vegetables and other food products.
The reason so many benefits are attributed to the MSM supplement is because MSM provides biologically active sulfur, which is the fourth most plentiful mineral in the body and needed for many different critical bodily functions every single day. Thus, MSM is considered a sulfur donor.
It’s also sometimes used in conjunction with other anti-inflammatory supplements, including dimethyl sulfide and sulfone DMSO, glucosamine/chondroitin, and boswellic acid.

Last edited:

Eastcoasthunter21

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2015
New York/Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DEUS ALL THE WAY
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tried pouring CBD oil on my “joints “
But I couldn’t get them lit afterwards
I don’t think it’s a great idea
I’d just go with the joints alone no cbd

Stringtyer

Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread has some interesting reading.

As I said earlier, I have had good success with CBD for IBS and mild anxiety. While it does have some pain relieving effect, I wish that effect was stronger. I think there is some pain relief from a general, overall sense of relaxation but, for pain such as specific joint pain (shoulders, knees, arthritic fingers, etc.), I'm not sure CBD has much effect.

As far as feeling some head rush or "high", that just doesn't happen with CBD. The feeling I get is one of general well being and relaxation. The little pissy points of life just don't bother me that much anymore. I find it easier to address problems head on without fretting as to the worst possible outcome that could happen.

I'm still doing research to see if CBD does show up in THC tests. What I have read so far indicates that it does not. Of course, that could be a function of how much THC is in the CBD product. The ones I have purchased (both in North Carolina and from Colorado Hemp Honey) have analyses showing zero percent THC. As such, they shouldn't show up in drug testing. YMMV.

I'm interested in vaping CBD flower but can't find much info about doing that. It seems that vaping devices for flower (ground herb) are harder to find and somewhat more expensive. If any of y'all have had experience with vaping flower, please chime in.

holepuncher

Oct 5, 2014
Amboy Wa.
Detector(s) used
AT Pro. Equinox.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This thread has some interesting reading.

As I said earlier, I have had good success with CBD for IBS and mild anxiety. While it does have some pain relieving effect, I wish that effect was stronger. I think there is some pain relief from a general, overall sense of relaxation but, for pain such as specific joint pain (shoulders, knees, arthritic fingers, etc.), I'm not sure CBD has much effect.

As far as feeling some head rush or "high", that just doesn't happen with CBD. The feeling I get is one of general well being and relaxation. The little pissy points of life just don't bother me that much anymore. I find it easier to address problems head on without fretting as to the worst possible outcome that could happen.

I'm still doing research to see if CBD does show up in THC tests. What I have read so far indicates that it does not. Of course, that could be a function of how much THC is in the CBD product. The ones I have purchased (both in North Carolina and from Colorado Hemp Honey) have analyses showing zero percent THC. As such, they shouldn't show up in drug testing. YMMV.

I'm interested in vaping CBD flower but can't find much info about doing that. It seems that vaping devices for flower (ground herb) are harder to find and somewhat more expensive. If any of y'all have had experience with vaping flower, please chime in.

The guys that got fired at my job would disagree with it not showing up on a random.

holepuncher

Oct 5, 2014
Amboy Wa.
Detector(s) used
AT Pro. Equinox.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How does this work ?

This is total BS and a money grab once again and TYPICAL of how they screw people... Basically its "its legal but dont use it".

First off... hundreds of millions to a billion IMO smoke daily... just in U.S... I would realistically say 1 in 7 smoke so my guess would not be far off.

NOW... 3 in 7 OR more take a prescribed medication that can or does impairs an individual far worse than pot YET they are not testing for this.

This is once again the long arm reaching in the pockets... nothing more.

Before scoffing...

Think of this...

Pot has been RAMPANTLY smoked in America daily by everyone everywhere... AND HAS been... Yet... I hear nothing in the news of a "problem" related to driving all these years.

Yet immediately they feel the need to test and bust ?

Come on... open your eyes... $ $ $

And sheesh... cops have better things to do than SWAB peoples saliva and deal with all that crap.

When was the last time you heard on the news about cars speeding (with no accident involved) but it happens all the time.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When was the last time you heard on the news about cars speeding (with no accident involved) but it happens all the time.

Speeding is not a news worthy event... Especially when no accident is involved.

I fail to see the correlation.

Accidents are the "issue" correct ?

So why are we talking about NON accident events ?

Accidents derived from speeding happen all the time... and ARE reported.

Accidents derived from the DIRECT result of using marijuana would definitely be news worthy ... you can bet on that one.

The opposition to marijuana would have RAN with these stats... IF an obvious OR serious problem existed.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One in seven people you meet in a normal setting have used marijuana in the last hour... 4 in seven have used some form of narcotic PILL within the last hour.

Narcotic pills can not only kill you at any time of ingestion and cause a loss / lapse in mental connections at any time if "abused" or taken incorrectly or an adverse effect takes place.

Yet ... no one is adamant about testing for under influence of this... there are multifaceted "reasons" but the foremost would be they know EVERYONE is doped on pills... I mean lets face it... pills are the biggest biz going.

Marijuana has been a political "target" since 1930 due to the loss of potential monies by those who stood to gain by "eradicating" it...(which is laughable to try and stop something anyone and everyone could grow anywhere) BUT ! they knew it could be done due to the "stigma" associated with it. (remember in America at the time there was stigma on Alcohol as well)
So through lies and propaganda they set out to do so... FOR... This was "just business" and it was nothing to spend money to make money... So the new "motto" became "Stomp out natural to clear the way for man made".
Only the titles to this new campaign could never use that slogan... they ran with words like "scourge" "madness" and worse to "tag" the promotion of fear in society to do their dirty work.

Don't be fooled... at least any longer... it is... and ALWAYS has been a "money game"... even for the legal system... The Legal system has turned billions from marijuana arrests...
Too bad that war against marijuana on the back end... cost trillions.

Let me ask if your a naysayer on this...

Do you think... IF... marijuana was what it has been labeled for so long... IF any of it was true... AND what I said above did not take place and is not true...

That marijuana would be taking the nation by storm like it is today ?

AND NOT just this nation !

There are lots of stupid people in this world... but generally overall people are not really stupid.

And...

Facts are facts.

Once peoples eyes have been opened to REAL facts... they open other things... LIKE their minds to the truth.

JoeInMO

Jan 12, 2019
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not a moderator or have any authority here, but PLEASE don't use this thread to argue about marijuana legality. Everyone has their opinion and a post here isn't going to change that.

As for drug tests... there are CBD oil products that have THC in them (independent lab tests prove it). The problem is that it seems to be very inconsistent. There's no regulation of CBD oil so it's very difficult to KNOW what you're getting. Some have little or no CBD oil in them. Some have no THC. You cannot trust the label or the manufacturer claims. Many even cite independent lab tests from labs nobody ever heard of (they made them up for marketing). The 2017 Bonn-Miller study found that 7 out of 10 CBD oil products they tested did not contain what the label claimed and 20% of the tested CBD oil contained THC.

If you have a job that does regular or random drug testing please don't trust CBD products or labels. You have too much at risk. Just because it says it's THC free doesn't mean it actually is. Don't lose your job because of an unregulated product like CBD oil.

I personally intend to give CBD oil a try when I figure out how to get a product that contains what they advertise. At this time I know of none that can be trusted, but I wish there were.

-Joe

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not a moderator or have any authority here, but PLEASE don't use this thread to argue about marijuana legality. Everyone has their opinion and a post here isn't going to change that.

As for drug tests... there are CBD oil products that have THC in them (independent lab tests prove it). The problem is that it seems to be very inconsistent. There's no regulation of CBD oil so it's very difficult to KNOW what you're getting. Some have little or no CBD oil in them. Some have no THC. You cannot trust the label or the manufacturer claims. Many even cite independent lab tests from labs nobody ever heard of (they made them up for marketing). The 2017 Bonn-Miller study found that 7 out of 10 CBD oil products they tested did not contain what the label claimed and 20% of the tested CBD oil contained THC.

If you have a job that does regular or random drug testing please don't trust CBD products or labels. You have too much at risk. Just because it says it's THC free doesn't mean it actually is. Don't lose your job because of an unregulated product like CBD oil.

I personally intend to give CBD oil a try when I figure out how to get a product that contains what they advertise. At this time I know of none that can be trusted, but I wish there were.

-Joe

First... You are correct... you are NOT a moderator or have any authority... NOR do you have to "plead" for others to do one thing or another in someone else's thread... that would be for the OP to decide / ascertain / voice... IF that is THEIR intention IF THEY so choose.

Second... There is NO argument... of any kind... just statements... so ?

Third... Opinions can and are changed all day... everyday... in a split second sometimes... so again... ?

Not trying to be an arse or rude... and I mean this is "constructive way " ... but...Stepping into a conversation with a high feel of "if I were moderator" / "judging" or "peacekeeping" mission ?
Pleading ?

The moderators of Treasurenet are the best and are rarely blind to what transpires here... in other words they are on top of it... AND...

IF they thought there / was an issue that needed addressing ... they would have already addressed it.

Perhaps with YOUR post and MY response to your post it may perhaps "draw attention".. but I doubt it.

For I am sure they ALSO believe in the words said herein.

Also I liked the second part you wrote... as far as the first..
there was no need unless you are trying to manipulate others into "not thinking outside the box".

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
NO ! i'm broke body mind and spirit. just another snake oil potion. aspirin was supposed to be the miracle drug ? now its not. i'm tired of being a fool. i'm tired of being a guinea pig. i'm tired of being a sex object. oh hell i'm just tired. but so what who cares what humty thinks ? (*_*)

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
OP... I requested your title to your thread to be corrected from OBD to CBD.

lets just change it to BPD. after all after you get high whichever way ? you attitude changes does it not ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread