Has anyone used CBD oils for joint pain ?

Minlooker

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2014
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
X TERRA 705, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited by a moderator:

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is CBD oil that you are looking for. and I have heard many many people who absolutely love it for joint pain.

OP
OP
M

Minlooker

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2014
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
X TERRA 705, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if this is the correct area for this or not. Has anyone used CBD hemp oil for joint pain ? This isn't the get high stuff but from what I've read it really has helped people metal detecting to stop or really lower their pain. Google search. Minlooker.

Yes you are correct, my bad. It's CBD thanks for the correction.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes you are correct, my bad. It's CBD thanks for the correction.

Very important that you get it from a good source and find out where it was made. China has a bunch of really junky stuff floating around the US.

JoeInMO

Jan 12, 2019
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no personal experience, but I have talked with a few people that swear by CBD oil. I have considered it but after reading some independent lab tests I can't say I trust any specific brand. Price is not an indication of quality at this time. Some expensive products tested contained little or no CBD oil, and others varied widely from batch to batch. Some contained some THC which could result in failed drug tests.

I think there may be a basis in truth to the CBD oil thing, but right now there's zero regulation on the contents or quality of the product. I hope that changes soon as I'd be willing to give it a try.

-Joe

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used it for knee pain, works great with no sideffects...

Stringtyer

Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First thing ... I will be mentioning some particular brands of CBD products in this post. I have no relationship with the companies I mention nor am I specifically endorsing them. they are merely sources I have used.

After discussing with my doctor, I have started using CBD oil for both joint pain and IBS. It works well for both. CBD is one of the available molecules in hemp (cannabis sativa) and is non-psychoactive; that is, it doesn't give you a "high". For me, it gives me what most folks call a "body high". It is not an immediately noticeable feeling, rather, a general sense of well being. Has no affect whatever on daily life other than to make things seem smoother.

As for joint pain, I have some success with CBD. I have had a lifelong problem with knee pain (especially when the weather is changing) and the CBD helps ease that pain somewhat. Because of the IBS and associated GERD, I don't take ibuprofen or any other NSAID medicine and the CBD is a good alternative.

I use doses of 15 mg of CBD in the morning and about half that before bed. Helps the whole day go better and has provided better sleep.

If you want to try the product, an easy way is by using hemp honey. There are several brands generally available - I like the products at Colorado Hemp Honey. I recently heard about a CBD oil called "Charlotte's Web" that was developed to help a young girl with intractable epilepsy. I found it in a local hemp shop. It is a very good strain of hemp and is the one I use before bed. There is a strain called ACDC but it is not available in North Carolina due to its 0.5% level of THC. North Carolina does not allow a THC level of >0.3%. Reviews say it is very good for pain.

This is getting a bit long but there is much to know about the product. Before you take the step to start with CBD, do your research and talk with your doctor about it ... especially if you are taking any medicines. Be careful with the products you use as there are few, if any, controls on the product. You may get confused by all the brands and strains available. Because I am a geezer, I would like the products to be labeled with the strain of hemp used and the available concentration in the product. Many products are labeled with "stoner" names to appeal to persons much younger than me. I'm like Joe Friday ... I just need the facts.

You need to know that none of the hemp products are cheap. I have found the most cost effective product is the Colorado Hemp Honey. A 1000 mg jar (about 60 days at 15 mg/day) is $50.00 plus shipping. They generally have some discount coupon that essentially covers shipping. As always, I prefer to shop locally and there are several hemp stores in our area. There are a good number of sources in Minnesota. Check the web.

Good luck. Let us know your results if you try the products.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for the information! :icon_thumleft:

holepuncher

Oct 5, 2014
Amboy Wa.
Detector(s) used
AT Pro. Equinox.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If anyone is subject to random drug test that is something you might stay away from.

Stringtyer

Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hole puncher is quite right about drug testing. The CBD I use contains zero THC and would likely not show up in testing. My daughter also has IBS and would greatly benefit from using CBD. She fears that it would be a problem if she were to get tested. She has never used any non-prescription drugs and because of the IBS can’t take opiates (neither can I). It’s a shame that she is being denied a good, non-pharmaceutical product that has demonstrated as a comfort to her.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Using CBD will likely test positive for MJ. Many employers say they will side with the Fed rules and that's too bad when it's really about the insurance companies finding ways out of coverage. This will be a problem until the designation is changed on the Fed level.
Even if a person has a medical pot card or if the State is legal recreational it won't help.
Canada has legal rec pot but faces similar problems regarding people being impaired. Some institutions in Canada have chosen to use the measure that if someone isn't impaired they can work even if a test is positive or choose not to test unless impairment is seen.
The problem is pot stays in the system well beyond the effect. Some can test positive for as long as 2 weeks, some can test longer, and if an employer wants, there is the hair test.
A lot of good people will loose employment unnecessarily. Can O worms.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very important that you get it from a good source and find out where it was made. China has a bunch of really junky stuff floating around the US.

Agreed. 100%

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I tried it, but it did nothing for me. What works for me is Boswellia Serrata, especially combined with turmeric.
Jim

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Legal state wide here, but they are now doing roadside saliva swabs to test for THC if you are pulled over while driving.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Legal state wide here, but they are now doing roadside saliva swabs to test for THC if you are pulled over while driving.

How does this work ?

This is total BS and a money grab once again and TYPICAL of how they screw people... Basically its "its legal but dont use it".

First off... hundreds of millions to a billion IMO smoke daily... just in U.S... I would realistically say 1 in 7 smoke so my guess would not be far off.

NOW... 3 in 7 OR more take a prescribed medication that can or does impairs an individual far worse than pot YET they are not testing for this.

This is once again the long arm reaching in the pockets... nothing more.

Before scoffing...

Think of this...

Pot has been RAMPANTLY smoked in America daily by everyone everywhere... AND HAS been... Yet... I hear nothing in the news of a "problem" related to driving all these years.

Yet immediately they feel the need to test and bust ?

Come on... open your eyes... $ $ $

And sheesh... cops have better things to do than SWAB peoples saliva and deal with all that crap.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh perhaps I should explain... Pot stays in your system (and the point) so how could they ever isolate "WHEN" you smoked it ?

:/

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone who is on their way to work who has a health issue in which they smoke marijuana to ease or manage this health issue...

They smoke it and leave for work... and are pulled over for something (not an impairment issue but traffic or otherwise)... cop notices eyes may be red etc... asks driver if they used any drugs... driver honestly replies "yes I smoked some marijuana for medical purposes"...

AND NOW THEY TEST ?

How in the hell can they tell "levels" ? and which "level" dictates a one and all level for everyone every time being one way or another ?

One word...

Sheesh.

Talk about UN constitutional.

Our forefathers are turning in their graves once again.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh perhaps I should explain... Pot stays in your system (and the point) so how could they ever isolate "WHEN" you smoked it ?

:/
That’s the point, they can only test for THC, and not the time frame of when it was consumed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread