What's new

Has silvers price drop reduced your CRHing?

jim4silver

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
3,662
Reaction score
496
Golden Thread
0
Has silver's price drop reduced your CRHing?

I am just curious. It has not affected mine. Although I have been buying lots of 90% halves in the last week or so, I am still CRHing, thus off the wagon. I did get a couple of OK boxes this week which have been rare lately.

In the past it helped me justify my time spent knowing every 90% I found was worth 5.50-6.00, and a 40% was worth 2.25 or so. Now those numbers are way lower, and I find less now than I did then. At least gas is a bit cheaper than a few months ago.

I am not posting results anymore. Unless I hit a dream box, it really doesnt matter telling everyone I found 2-90%ers and 3-40%ers, etc.


Jim
 
Upvote 0
Re: Has silver's price drop reduced your CRHing?

No, it hasn't reduced my hunting-yet. If it falls much more, I may have to cut back though.
 
Re: Has silver's price drop reduced your CRHing?

No Jim, It will go back up.
 
Re: Has silver's price drop reduced your CRHing?

No. If price keeps dropping I'm liable to double up again, way I see it is if silver ain't worth anything more of it will be flowing towards the banks again. Might even switch one of my daily pickups over to dimes to test that theory, or may try quarters for the first time. My (found) silver has cost ME $2.48/ozt so far this year so I'm still makin gas $$$. I've bought alot that I'm taking a beating on right now but I'm far and away from being in the red overall. HH, Mark
 
Re: Has silver's price drop reduced your CRHing?

I don't think I could ever stop. money or no money slumps or no slumps I love the hunt.
HH,
Frank
 
Re: Has silver's price drop reduced your CRHing?

Ditto here on the continued hunting. I've only been at it for four months now and just love the sound of those silver coins tinkling in my hand when I tear those rolls!
And like enamel7 said the price will go back up.
 
Re: Has silver's price drop reduced your CRHing?

It has not affected me. I order one box per week, rain or shine.

All it means when the price is this low (ZOWIE! Currently $10.86!) is that I do not sell what I find. I hang on to it until the price goes way up again.

That way also, when I finally sell it, I have a lot more to sell! ;D
 
Re: Has silver's price drop reduced your CRHing?

Although I have "retired" from CRH'ing but not because of silver prices.........Personally, I would still be plugging right along if I were not pursuing my degree.

Don't let these prices deter you......it will go right back up.

Silver Stripe said:
way I see it is if silver ain't worth anything more of it will be flowing towards the banks again. I've bought alot that I'm taking a beating on right now but I'm far and away from being in the red overall. HH, Mark

You make a good point Mark about silver flowing back into the system.....real possibility there. As for buying silver......I say buy more.....all you can get!! Buying more at these extremely low silver prices will only bring your average per ounce purchase price down.......thus a better profit percentage long term.
 
Re: Has silver's price drop reduced your CRHing?

I have personally cut way back, probably by 50%. The boxes have been extremely dry and the price of gas has not followed suit with the silver price decline.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom