Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Golly Gee Molly--everybody is talkin about that Fisher F75!

One year ago it was the biggest booger on the market and today some THers would almost trade their first born to get one.

Don't be looking for any super deals on used F75's these days. It ain't like last fall when you could have traded your worse hound dog for one.

Hey! Maybe we'll finally start seeing super deals on used Explorers! :thumbsup: Maybe it's a blessing in disguise?

I know I just got a super deal on an excellent Nautilus IIB :thumbsup:

It's funny how every now and then some machine is the hottie.

To be continued...

Have a nice day.

Badger

P.S. I predict the Fisher F75 and 70 will eventually revolutionize the metal detector industry.

Upvote 0
I have been selling off my toys also . If i was in gold country i would have a gold detector. But here in Ohio all you really hunt for is coins. And i sure don't need to put a ;ot of money in a detector to find a dime. How many dimes would i have to find to pay for one of those detectors? Even the good areas i hunt here and find some really good things worth something the detectors like the GC 2300 work just fine . I find those old foundation's in the woods i hunt and you would not believe the good find's i get from them and i don't need a $1,000,000 dollar detector to find these objects either.................Those 2300 detectors are geting hard to find......... I saw a post a while back were a member got a 2300 for his wife and they went to a beach he had a high end detector she a 2300 and she out did him on find's . There is some proof right there....................

This Chinese GC1023 cheapy sounds too good to be true, but for $60 or so, I think I'll buy it. I bet the coil offerings get better soon.

If the F75 has not already stolen Minelab's glory, my fantasy detector might help. It can't cost more than $600. It would be a CZ dual-frequency technology stuffed into the F75 package, but mildly computerized. I'd call it the CZF-75. Make it a 4-tone, no adjustment. No bells and whistles except very simple TID numbers (1 thru 10) and major settings shown on the screen. Manual sens and GB adjustment. Offer 4 or 5 different sized round DD's (5" up to 12" or so). Have one knob dedicated to controlling the scrim level. I hate pushing buttons all the time. Enter all other less-used adjustments just like the F75. Have 2 or 3 nine-volts giving 30+ hours. Increase response time. If the Chinese read this, they'll do it for about $150.

I'm still thinking about getting the F75 though.

gleaner1 said:
This Chinese GC1023 cheapy sounds too good to be true, but for $60 or so, I think I'll buy it. I bet the coil offerings get better soon.

If the F75 has not already stolen Minelab's glory, my fantasy detector might help. It can't cost more than $600. It would be a CZ dual-frequency technology stuffed into the F75 package, but mildly computerized. I'd call it the CZF-75. Make it a 4-tone, no adjustment. No bells and whistles except very simple TID numbers (1 thru 10) and major settings shown on the screen. Manual sens and GB adjustment. Offer 4 or 5 different sized round DD's (5" up to 12" or so). Have one knob dedicated to controlling the scrim level. I hate pushing buttons all the time. Enter all other less-used adjustments just like the F75. Have 2 or 3 nine-volts giving 30+ hours. Increase response time. If the Chinese read this, they'll do it for about $150.

I'm still thinking about getting the F75 though.
They will never get ahead of Minelab...........

Attachments

• big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 790
  • big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 788
gleaner1 said:

They make 2 coils for the 1023. The 8" & 12 inch. But as far as I know no importer is bringing the 12 inch coil 1023 into this country.

A good 1023 with 8 inch coil will air test a solid signal on a quarter at 9 inches. Since it has an excellent auto ground balance it gets near that depth. The recovery speed is something to behold. You'll be shocked not at is cheap build quality but at its performance.

It pinpoints dead on and the all-metal pinpoint button is not needed. Neither is that silly meter.

But the unit runs almost forever on 2 9-volt batteries.

Best,

Badger

I wrote to China and asked to purchase only a bunch of 12 inch coils but they wrote back and said each detector must be factory tuned to its own coil.

M'badger, sounds like the little machine is wicked even if only available in 8". I can't wait to get mine. It makes you think about the money you can (or shouldn't) spend on these things, and what you end up with at the end of the day.

I am still on the fence between Minelab and Fisher for my next major machine. And I'm trying to make a good money decision.

Now I'm thinking SE PRO instead of E-trac. Maybe Safari. If I go Fisher, I think I would avoid anything less than the F75. I'm still reading all the threads and taking all things into account. It's killing me.

gleaner1 said:
M'badger, sounds like the little machine is wicked even if only available in 8". I can't wait to get mine. It makes you think about the money you can (or shouldn't) spend on these things, and what you end up with at the end of the day.

I am still on the fence between Minelab and Fisher for my next major machine. And I'm trying to make a good money decision.

Now I'm thinking SE PRO instead of E-trac. Maybe Safari. If I go Fisher, I think I would avoid anything less than the F75. I'm still reading all the threads and taking all things into account. It's killing me.

You'll like the 1023 for the price. The build quality isn't great but just overlook that and take her out. I run mine at almost max senstivity in discrimination mode. I just tune out small nails.

Some of the guys really like the tones mode. I think the discrimination mode is deeper but could be wrong.

But I'm not kidding, you'll have a tuff time leaving the 1023 home when you get that big bad machine. ;D

I had the Explorer last year and kept wanting to use the 1023. Actually I dug more good stuff with the 1023.

That little puppy is really a coin/ring getter.

Badger

M'badger, I bet there's about a ten thousand people out there scratching their heads reading this thread, they must really be wondering about the 1023. What I'm trying to say is that its hard to believe how good you say it is for only 60 beans. But I believe you. Also sounds like a good little starter machine to get the better half going.

Anyone have more comments about M vs F?? Still trying to decide about the top-end machines, 1000 plus.

Michigan Badger said:
Golly Gee Molly--everybody is talkin about that Fisher F75!

One year ago it was the biggest booger on the market and today some THers would almost trade their first born to get one.

Don't be looking for any super deals on used F75's these days. It ain't like last fall when you could have traded your worse hound dog for one.

Hey! Maybe we'll finally start seeing super deals on used Explorers! :thumbsup: Maybe it's a blessing in disguise?

I know I just got a super deal on an excellent Nautilus IIB :thumbsup:

It's funny how every now and then some machine is the hottie.

To be continued...

Have a nice day.

Badger
[/quot

As I said a year ago when the F 75 was an ugly duckling....It is a great detector. I have 2 F 75's and used 2 have 2 EX2's (sold one) as it now a back up to the F-75 I like both, use both-all depends what locations I am hunting

gleaner1 said:
M'badger, I bet there's about a ten thousand people out there scratching their heads reading this thread, they must really be wondering about the 1023. What I'm trying to say is that its hard to believe how good you say it is for only 60 beans. But I believe you. Also sounds like a good little starter machine to get the better half going.

Anyone have more comments about M vs F?? Still trying to decide about the top-end machines, 1000 plus.
No, gleamer...MB.. is on the up & up.. It is not hard to believe for me for i have one...And for coins & jewelry it does as good a job as any high price detector out there .I think that most buy the high price detectors for thier ego's ..Or have to have the new one out even if it don't work any better than the one they have work's but in there mind it work's better untill some one comes out with another new detector then they start the Vicious Circle all over again......... But the 1023 will get any coin or ring that the ..Lets take a second mortgage out on the house dear....will get.............

Attachments

• big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 697
  • big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 695
gleaner1 said:

I didn't discover this machine myself but another who is a far better THer than me (who is also a member here) told me about it over a year ago.

I may have been the first to "spill the beans." ;D But being the badger I am a bit of a feisty character.

When I first brought it up here I had to remove a lot of my posts to keep the peace. Since then many here bought one so I don't get the fire like I did back then.

Don't expect much build quality wise. The rod assembly could use a little work if you plan to water hunt (awesome for that) or work the tall weeds.

But take this little beeper to worked out sites and get ready to dig coins.

I''ll continue to use the 1023 but I'm not ready to give up completely on some of the fat dollar machines. Detectors are tools and no one machine does it all. Well, that's the way I see it.

Enjoy!

Badger

MB, that is how i found out by another member who has a diffrent name now. I got it used it and said to myself this is a toy. Then i sold it then i wish i would not after i thought about it and then got another one .....Gave it a chance and now i will keep it ....I like it now i was to quick on my judgement before i gave it chance to prove it's self . But i saw the light it is a sharp little detector.. It will stay around just like my Sovereign now....And i will keep my Sovereign i can't give a Sovereign up have been useing Sovereigns for about 18 years now .............And also i have had the DFX the MXT the X-Terra 70 & Explorer and the 1500 & 250 and sold them all i found none of them to be as good as the sovereign .........All i have now is the ....Sovereign... the musky and the 1023..........

Attachments

• big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 691
  • big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 676
  • big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 693
  • big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 681
Jim_K said:
MB, that is how i found out by another member who has a diffrent name now. I got it used it and said to myself this is a toy. Then i sold it then i wish i would not after i thought about it and then got another one .....Gave it a chance and now i will keep it ....I like it now i was to quick on my judgement before i gave it chance to prove it's self . But i saw the light it is a sharp little detector.. It will stay around just like my Sovereign now....And i will keep my Sovereign i can't give a Sovereign up have been useing Sovereigns for about 18 years now .

As always--right on Jim! :thumbsup:

I like most Minelabs but I still think the Sovereign GT is the best deal of all the models. I also like the Explorer (their all about the same). However I do understand fully why some don't like it. It's not for everybody, that's for sure. And I personally wouldn't pay new price for one again (I did that once with the SE).

A good used Explorer XS or II for $400-$600 is a decent deal. But $1200+ is ridiculous to me. Actually I think I like the original XS with that original stock coil the best. These go sometimes for as low as $350 but that's rare. That XS is a silver killer just like the GT.

But this is all beside the point because right now the Fisher F75 runs the show!

Badger

I don't see the light but that's right ..the F75 runs the show and why i don't know ..????

Attachments

• bunny-dance.gif
    bunny-dance.gif
    16.5 KB · Views: 644
  • bunny-dance.gif
    bunny-dance.gif
    16.5 KB · Views: 646
I have an old fairgrounds that I have hunted frequently for the past few years. I hunted this fairgrounds hard and I mean hard with the EXP 11, the Sov GT and the original Sov. I found alot of silver and old wheats with these machines. I probably have in several thousand hours each invested in both EXP 11 and the Sov. I thought I had hunted this old fairgrounds out of old coins until I got the Etrac. In 4 months I had dug over 100 silver coins and several hundred wheats in areas that I had pounded with the EXP 11 and Sov GT. I imagine there is better hunters out there than me with both of these machines, but let me tell you boys I ain't no slouch. I owned the EXP SE PRO for about a month after I had already grasp the Etrac needless to say the SE PRO went to ebay. I now own a new F75 and I have already made some impressive finds with it. I really like the ability to cover area quickly with the fast swing speed of the F75. The Etrac is a slower machine but deadly in it's own right. So far I don't see the depth with the F75 in the Discriminate mode that I experience with the Etrac. In all metal the F75 is very deep but it can be un-nerving in the all metal mode in high trash areas. Each has there advantages but in my opinion one could not have a hotter combination that really compliment one another than the Etrac and F75

its very very hard to change consumer opinions once they have been formed. Fisher would have to work VERY hard to improve several aspects of their business (customer service, quality control,etc) to change my opinion of them. i will stick with Minelab until someone can sway me. :wink:

hollowpointred said:
its very very hard to change consumer opinions once they have been formed. Fisher would have to work VERY hard to improve several aspects of their business (customer service, quality control,etc) to change my opinion of them. i will stick with Minelab until someone can sway me. :wink:
hollowpointred........That is why i will not get a Fisher and stick with minelab . The statement you made here is the reason you said it all...And said it good i just don't want to buy trouble.........

Attachments

• big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 621
  • big_logo.gif
    big_logo.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 608
Since I started this thread I've received all sorts of comments some by PMs.

All liked the F75 to some extent. I had many comment on the lack of build quality which seems to have been one major issue since the beginning. One person who is no longer a part of this forum wrote to me and said the F75 is no deeper than the DFX. He tested one of the first ones on the market.

Many wrote basically that its good but nothing to write home about.

All seem to be agreed about the speed and discriminational abilities. It's flat out fast and is very good at discrimination/target separation.

My position at this time is I'd really like to try the F75 but I won't sacrifice my Nautilus IIB to get one. The IIB is deeper (even devout Fisher people admit that) and it works best with a fast swing speed (something I only learned recently). The recovery speed of the Naughty is not as fast as the F75 but fast enough for me.

So, I'll wait on the F75 and look for a great deal on a used unit. At the rate they're selling the market should be loaded with them by late this fall. Novemeber-December are the best months for supper deals on used machines.

Badger

UpDate 3/15/09: Has the F75 & F70 Stolen Minelab’s Glory?

I finally purchased the Fisher F70 and it is SWEET!

It's much much better than anyone told me.

More later.

Badger

john37115 said:
I have an old fairgrounds that I have hunted frequently for the past few years. I hunted this fairgrounds hard and I mean hard with the EXP 11, the Sov GT and the original Sov. I found alot of silver and old wheats with these machines. I probably have in several thousand hours each invested in both EXP 11 and the Sov. I thought I had hunted this old fairgrounds out of old coins until I got the Etrac. In 4 months I had dug over 100 silver coins and several hundred wheats in areas that I had pounded with the EXP 11 and Sov GT. I imagine there is better hunters out there than me with both of these machines, but let me tell you boys I ain't no slouch. I owned the EXP SE PRO for about a month after I had already grasp the Etrac needless to say the SE PRO went to ebay. I now own a new F75 and I have already made some impressive finds with it. I really like the ability to cover area quickly with the fast swing speed of the F75. The Etrac is a slower machine but deadly in it's own right. So far I don't see the depth with the F75 in the Discriminate mode that I experience with the Etrac. In all metal the F75 is very deep but it can be un-nerving in the all metal mode in high trash areas. Each has there advantages but in my opinion one could not have a hotter combination that really compliment one another than the Etrac and F75

Sorry but I find your post impossible to believe. You think you hunted it out, but then find 100 silver coins and hundreds of wheats and think it's going from the Explorer to the E-trac. No way, not in a million years, ain't going to happen. What makes even less sense is after finding the miracle detector you still buy a Fisher? :D If your post is legit then unfortunately friend you have been using broken Minelabs all along.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back