What's new

Has this been worked?

MightyMouse

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2009
Messages
55
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Weeki Wachee, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites QXT Pro
Found this a while back and kept meaning to post but never got around to it till now. I belive its quartz maybe rosie not for sure. But it sorta looks like it might have been worked and was just wondering what others thoughts are. Thanks
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20120505_123430.webp
    ForumRunner_20120505_123430.webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 109
  • ForumRunner_20120505_123448.webp
    ForumRunner_20120505_123448.webp
    17.1 KB · Views: 114
  • ForumRunner_20120505_123503.webp
    ForumRunner_20120505_123503.webp
    28.3 KB · Views: 113
  • ForumRunner_20120505_123536.webp
    ForumRunner_20120505_123536.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 115
Upvote 0
looks like a core
 
Just guessing here, but I'd call that a refuse flake at worst, and potentially a utilized flake tool. If I found that I'd assume it was a habitation site and do some more looking.

Joe
 
Just guessing here, but I'd call that a refuse flake at worst, and potentially a utilized flake tool. If I found that I'd assume it was a habitation site and do some more looking.

Joe

What he said.
 
What upset me now is I cant remember for the life of me where I found it. And iv always wanted to get into arrow head hunting. Grrrr
 
I totally looked at that wrong earlier, thought it was more of a chunk.

what they said.
 
The zig zag pattern is usually a true sign of mans intervention-but the zig zag appears to be curled up. So if a few flakes where driven off the edge the curl would be gone. Cool piece though...
 
I can't stop !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom