Has this ever happened to you?

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Was out in the middle of the woods for a few hours yesterday and hadnt got even one beep in over an hour, then i saw a spot of woods that i just had a feeling about, it was just a small area the size of a table.? For some reason it was liek it was calling me to come detect over it.? It lookd no different than the rest of the woods, I was really surprised when i swung my coil over it and actaully got a beep :o? Turned out to be a huge vintage hinge.? Made by Lawrence Hardware, around 1930's-1960's i think.? Very well made hinge, still works jsut a little beat up :)? Weird, wouldnt have found it unless i got that feeling to detect there :P ::) :o ;D

Attachments

• Hinge.JPG
    Hinge.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 367
  • Hinge (1).JPG
    Hinge (1).JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 370
  • Hinge (2).JPG
    Hinge (2).JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 361
Upvote 0
Yes intuition plays a part of this hobby. ?I have done this too once in awhile. ?We have this woman in our detecting team that I swear she doesn't need batties in her machine she does so well. ?She say's she just listens to "Almost a Noise!" ?The way I see it, ?there either is a noise or there isn't.

HH, Sandman

ok if its from the 1930's or 1940's is sorta vintage. From the 60's id call it used ::)

Jake,

Your machine is not talking for a hour;

a feeling calling you to a special area?;

Next thing you know you will be posting in the dowsing forum ;)

have a good un............
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

i think the reason it was not beeping for an hour was i was not in a very good area, i was just walking around randomly in the woods. Most of the good stuff is not in the middle. And YES it was turned on :D :P

thats how i got 12 silver rings this year my man..... ;D was shooting for 50 maybe next year >:(

Almost the same thing happens to me all the time. Only my intuition is when to dig or not dig. Often I get a very ordinary junk type signal and something just tells me to dig it. When I get that feeling more often than not it turns out to be a good find. That's exactly what happened when I recently found my first class ring. Incidentally, I know everything there is to know about the owner except where he is! I even have a picture of him from a high school year book! Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back