What's new

Hat pin?

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
12,783
Reaction score
143
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
At first I was certain I had dug a hat pin, but I couldn't see any attachments (or remnants of) on the back.

Anyone? Composition is copper
 

Attachments

  • 2011-08-31 003.webp
    2011-08-31 003.webp
    77.3 KB · Views: 322
  • 2011-08-31 004.webp
    2011-08-31 004.webp
    75.6 KB · Views: 299
  • 2011-08-31 003.webp
    2011-08-31 003.webp
    77.3 KB · Views: 309
  • 2011-08-31 004.webp
    2011-08-31 004.webp
    75.6 KB · Views: 302
Here is the photo of the back of a ladies hat pin........
 

Attachments

  • 26%20Hat%20Pin3.webp
    26%20Hat%20Pin3.webp
    50.8 KB · Views: 284
Upvote 0
I think that's what you have Mike...

Here's one I dug a few years ago. It's a little different from yours. I think yours had a different type of attachment and yours may be a little earlier than this one. Hopefully someone will nail down the ID for you.
 

Attachments

  • GSHPREV.webp
    GSHPREV.webp
    58.9 KB · Views: 257
  • GSHPOBV.webp
    GSHPOBV.webp
    56.3 KB · Views: 239
Upvote 0
Tony (NC) said:
Here's one I dug a few years ago. It's a little different from yours. I think yours had a different type of attachment and yours may be a little earlier than this one. Hopefully someone will nail down the ID for you.
Nice Tony. They sure are close.
 
Upvote 0
It appears to be a Great Seal with the 13 star constellation missing or broken off. http://www.greatseal.com/symbols/index.html

I dont know what it is, Mike, but I have also have a version. Mine has a threaded stud and a slight curvature.
great seal stud.webpgreat seal stud back.webp

I believe mine is an officers hat stud and would look like this complete. Its about the size of a silver dollar.
 

Attachments

  • great seal hatpin.webp
    great seal hatpin.webp
    8.8 KB · Views: 285
Upvote 0
Hey BCH....

Your post reminded me of a screw back type I found several years ago. I found it in a hole with a Barber Quarter. It's similar but still not a match for Mike's find.
 

Attachments

  • GSHPSBOBV.webp
    GSHPSBOBV.webp
    73.3 KB · Views: 189
  • GSHPSBREV1.webp
    GSHPSBREV1.webp
    54 KB · Views: 212
  • GSHPSBREV2.webp
    GSHPSBREV2.webp
    50.2 KB · Views: 197
Upvote 0
Re: Hey BCH....

Tony (NC) said:
Your post reminded me of a screw back type I found several years ago. I found it in a hole with a Barber Quarter. It's similar but still not a match for Mike's find.
Yours is missing the 13 star constellation too. I guess thats a common break area.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom