What's new

hate seeing all the garbage people leave

sponge

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2012
Messages
1,703
Reaction score
685
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida
Why,why,why. That is the question. You live in such a beautiful place why cant you pick up the stuff you brought with you. Its all about me, why should I pick that up. I pay taxes for the beach crews. Are you freakin mad. Go ahead and keep adding the garbage untill the ocean cant breathe no more. When the ocean is gone we are gone.

sponge using smoke signals.
 
Upvote 0
I know what you mean sponge. There's trash cans all over our beach, but they'll bury their beer cans. :BangHead:
If it helps ya any, we're no where near as bad as they are down under. Stopped at a McDonalds one Sunday morning in western Sydney, just needed the facilities, no way I'd eat that stuff.

Well anyway, the parking lot looked like a bomb had gone off in it! There was more trash, than asphalt showing. I was told that was normal. So, at least I know there's far bigger pigs in the world, than here at home.
Like I said, if that helps ya any. :BangHead:
 
I know what you mean bro its all beaches and in the waters...
 
It's been said that if all the world leaders went into space and looked back at the earth there would be no war. Most people don't realize that when they throw trash, it doesn't really leave us. Sad
 
So true! It's said that long in the future we shall be known as the plastic people, when they dig down to our level they will find the coastlines covered in plastics ! If there is anyone left to find it!
 
No one likes to look at someone else's trash... however, when I was starting out I saw areas of thrash left behind after a late night party. One much more experienced THer pointed out that this was where he had his best finds. A little cleaning up and, especially pop and beer cans and it is surprising what you might find.
 
It is horrible.

that is why I bring a bag. trash leaves with me :) lest I can do. if I find it I bag it and it is gone. well, at least for a bit til others throw junk again.
 
You might not like what you find!

If it's like near where I detect, you are more likely to find a syringe than treasure.
Found one yesterday morning, while walking the dog, lying on top of the grass, close to a swing where children play.
I am more than tired pf picking up other peoples crap, which is only getting worse.
I don't know about you but I have better things to do.

In Hawaii, it's getting more and more difficult to get access to the beaches.
Hotels are doing everything they can to cut of public access to the beach, which was required as part of the planning process.
With the increased crime rates, and trashing of the beaches they are dependent upon for their guest(s), I do not blame them.



No one likes to look at someone else's trash... however, when I was starting out I saw areas of thrash left behind after a late night party. One much more experienced THer pointed out that this was where he had his best finds. A little cleaning up and, especially pop and beer cans and it is surprising what you might find.
 
Last edited:
Heck, NYC for sure, and I'm sure all the other major U.S. cities located on the ocean dump thousands of tons of trash in the ocean every day. Every morning in NYC one can see the garbage barges heading down river to the sea to deposit their tons of garbage where we can't see it. We are a prolific trash producing society and it is truly a shame that we produce so much and from municipalities to individuals seem to leave a lot of it in or at the oceans.
 
The trash problem is all over this country...and not just on the beaches either!
Some people are just pigs and don't deserve to use the beautiful places that
they trash-out. Pack it in....pack it out when you leave......
 
google "the great ocean plastic patch". it'll make ya sick.

Whats the patch we cant see called ? Yep that plastic island grows and grows. Its like an iceburg.

sponge using smoke signals.
 
People in this country don't care anymore and with the influx or higher numbers of illegals using our beaches and parks it is getting worse they throw trash everywhere. At our local river and local parks here they throw trash everywhere, cans, wrappers and diapers on the ground and just leave them. The spot I am talking about here on the river next to the park on weekends is now full of illegals. They treat this country like Mexico and a lot of the good old Americans in this country now days are not much better, very sad.

Happy Hunting,
Bill G
 
my beef is with the plethora of fish hooks I find in the sand...
 
Don't know why You would " hate seeing all the garbage people leave"".
I would love to see all of them gone and never return!
This way I no have to pick up their trash forever.

Why,why,why. That is the question. You live in such a beautiful place why cant you pick up the stuff you brought with you. Its all about me, why should I pick that up. I pay taxes for the beach crews. Are you freakin mad. Go ahead and keep adding the garbage untill the ocean cant breathe no more. When the ocean is gone we are gone.

sponge using smoke signals.
 
A kid was walking down the street drinking a coke from a cup and when he was finished he threw away the cup into the street! That's when I opened my door and said to him, "Pick up your trash! This is my neighborhood and your neighborhood too! Do you want to live in trash?"
He apologized and picked it up!
I thanked him for doing it and accepted his trash to dispose of!
 
Hey all.. I agree but I came into MD through the scrapping door. I've learned this.... ALL metal equals money! Keep those cans, keep those fish hooks, keep that trash metal and eventually cash them in or sell them/trade them to someone who is into scrapping. I make... a very decent salary...but love to turn junk metal into money. I pick up every piece of metal and put it in a pile... pile gets big enough it becomes money. Let those lazy ass trash dumpers put money in your pocket. The other trash... well I commend all of you who pick that up. I do it as well.
 
some people just don't have any respect or class when it come's to stuff like that. Population will make sure the problem gets worse before it gets better.I like your avatar sponge.Crabs and beer are right up my alley ;)looks delicious!
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom