Have any of you beach hunters bested 15 gold rings in a day ?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I was talking to an old-time beach hunter in my area . He recalled his best day for gold rings count was 15. That was during the storms that raked our shoreline in 1977-78 winter. He was at a particular high end touristy beach where mother nature scoured out some good erosion. Using an old Compass machine in those days. His total ring count was close to 30 (so i assume the rest were silver ). Lots of silver coins too.

Anyone here ever best a count like that ? Sheesk , my best has only been 3.

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone is going to slam me for lying but I think I had a even dozen gold an I forget how many silver but it was over 12. This is easy to do when you search the water. 041.jpg

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Showing my age my first detector back in the 70's was a Compass. And I found lots of goodies with that machine.

Goldinwater

Nov 1, 2007
Hurst,Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Stingwray,Cz20, Excaliber, Spectrum xlt, Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found 11 in one day 3 different times several years ago

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Oldtimer on beach I hunt said his best day was 6 gold rings, 7 silver. Years ago, when hardly anyone detected. He started in 70s. Musta really sand bagged it back in the day. hh an gl -Joe

I was talking to an old-time beach hunter in my area . He recalled his best day for gold rings count was 15. That was during the storms that raked our shoreline in 1977-78 winter. He was at a particular high end touristy beach where mother nature scoured out some good erosion. Using an old Compass machine in those days. His total ring count was close to 30 (so i assume the rest were silver ). Lots of silver coins too.

Anyone here ever best a count like that ? Sheesk , my best has only been 3.

OP
OP
Tom_in_CA

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Sandman, I should have been specific or clarified the question to be strictly for above water. Ie.: on the beach. Because you're right: some underwater hunters, who first hit hot spots like under diving platforms, or some such bonanza, have indeed found counts that high. But for the regular/general beach (inter-tidal, where you normally hunt without snorkel, scuba, or whatever) was what I meant.

As a footnote to this tally of "15", I have also heard of several guys who had tallies of around a dozen gold in a day. Those were stories from the storms that hit the Pacific coast here in 1982-83. There were some crazy stories that came from guys who were in on that erosion. For example, a guy who ..... for a week straight, had a minimum of 100 silver coins per day, for 5 days straight. On at least one of those days, he had about a dozen gold rings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread