Attachments

• IMG_0757.jpeg
    IMG_0757.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0760.jpeg
    IMG_0760.jpeg
    179 KB · Views: 23
Upvote 3
There are some examples that have the same ear configuration as yours, I’d say at the least a very reasonable candidate.

There are some examples that have the same ear configuration as yours, I’d say at the least a very reasonable candidate.
I saw a few but the give away for me saying this type was the grinding on them. That’s why I went with this type. Even collectors in my area I’ve shown them to aren’t sure. Quartz is just very hard to see the flaking and being a creek point doesn’t help. Thanks

They're supposedly out of my distribution range too but we find a few here in E. Central Alabama, Elmore Co. Made of quartz too!
That’s interesting. Being where I’m located it was a popular area and lots of trading was done for sure. Are those types ground as I described? I’m about 30 minutes from east Alabama. Heck I got lost once and was in Alabama by mistake. I have found some points that are from Alabama in a different creek that flows to the west from East Alabama. I will look at them as to what they are listed as a possible

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back