What's new

✅ SOLVED have no idea what this coin is.....?

dreamerak

Greenie
Joined
Mar 17, 2012
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
alaska
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I inherited a large old coin collection and found 5 of these in a small envelope... Most of the collection is early 1800's - 1700's... I have no idea what these are has anyone seen anything similar before?... Sorry the pics aint great, I will try to post better ones...
 

Attachments

  • photo 2 (2).webp
    photo 2 (2).webp
    73 KB · Views: 139
  • photo 1 (2).webp
    photo 1 (2).webp
    77 KB · Views: 112
Looks like it could be token of some sorts..

Tim
 
Upvote 0
Looks like 17th-18th century Tibetan silver.
 
Upvote 0
I think it is a Tibet 1791-1793 "Kong Par" Tangka, made of billon.
 
Upvote 0
I think we have solved this mystery.... Thanks guys... I have a few more I will try to stump you all with....
 
Upvote 0
I think we have solved this mystery.... Thanks guys... I have a few more I will try to stump you all with....

Challenge me!:laughing7: I am not very knowledgeable with 16th ad 17th century coins, in fact, I just got the catalogue and I searched Tibet due to Ism's lead.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom