What's new

Have you found cut coins?

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2010
Messages
1,530
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
Have any of you found cut coins, as in cut by a lawnmower? I have found 3! one is a state quater and the other two are pennies! Have you found any? If you can post a pic. My camera is broken again! >:(
 
Got a chewed up Kennedy half somewhere around here I found. Definately lawnmower food. I saw a guy dig a large cent on an organized hunt, which wasn't planted by the organizers, well chewed up. That was a shame.

Al
 
Not all "lawnmower cut" coins were cut with a lawnmower. Some could be produced from the mint.

Clipped coins occur all the time, and if just a small piece is sliced off (the edge should be straight), it may have gotten missed by the mint.

I've found several cut coins: probably cut with wire cutters. Don't have any pictures of them, as they are not worth anything, so just tossed 'em. But a clipped coin, OTOH, can be worth some bucks. Got to check the rims. If the rim extends into the sliced area slightly, it may be a straight clip error, and can be worth some bucks.
 
No cut coins, but I do have one that was run over by a tank. ;D
 

Attachments

  • runover.webp
    runover.webp
    23.1 KB · Views: 179
Found a clad quarter that was stamped 'Worth $25 In Store' but no clue as to what store it came from.
 
I never have,but I have never hunted a park either.I have seen many though,from guys that hunt parks!!
 
Not by a lawnmower but I found some cut silver coins once in an old house up in Michigan that were going to be used in a bracelet or something, funny thing is they were Australian coins.

aussie schillings.webp


Also, I found a quarter once that was used for target practice.

shot up quarter.webp
 

Attachments

  • aussie schillings.webp
    aussie schillings.webp
    9.3 KB · Views: 155
  • shot up quarter.webp
    shot up quarter.webp
    7.5 KB · Views: 157
found a "half cent" last wheat....... :laughing7:
 

Attachments

  • half cent.webp
    half cent.webp
    60.8 KB · Views: 120

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom