What's new

Haven't a Clue

Houdini48

Tenderfoot
Joined
Aug 17, 2021
Messages
2
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these on a private military beach. Very low volume. The 1/2 round items (3) appear to be brass.
 

Attachments

  • Resized952021081795150734[4098].webp
    Resized952021081795150734[4098].webp
    33.5 KB · Views: 100
  • 20210817_150744[4086].webp
    20210817_150744[4086].webp
    726.5 KB · Views: 92
... Hello, is there more than 1 piece? I’m easy to confuse, is there more than 1 brass part?
 
Upvote 0
I think they are internal timer devices to old artillery rounds. We found similar ones in Delaware.
 
Upvote 0
Since you found 3 on a private military beach, smokeythecat is probably right. At first I thought it was part of a pocket watch movement. Is there any lettering on it?
 
Upvote 0
It's the back plate from a pocket watch, you can see cut outs for gears etc.
 
Upvote 0
Pocket watch parts
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any ideas?
Replies
4
Views
556
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED From a shipwreck
Replies
2
Views
453

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom