What's new

Having some fun on an eBay claim seller

et1955

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2015
Messages
990
Reaction score
2,102
Golden Thread
0
Location
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just bought a claim on Beaver creek, Siskiyou co.for 560$, now here's the problem he didn't list the claim number, and I requested it, the guy selling it is in New York. Checked on Land Matters and Mine Dat, there are 4 claims there and the gold is native gold, crystalline gold. Rich history. If he doesn't supply the right info I will not pay and give him a bad review. Also at the last 10 minutes of the bidding a Guy started bidding from 334$ to 550$, If the seller does not supply the proper info on the claim I will cancel the bid but he will have a bad review, It would be a great claim to have but always be cautious, Just for fun
 
Upvote 0
The seller has 100% positive feedback, and this isn't the first claim
they've sold on eBay. Could be that the guy is legit. :dontknow:

Did see this bit that seems concerning: "Upon full payment plus a $250 fee".

What is the fee for?

And this: "
Important Information:
You must file an annual maintenance fee or an affidavit of the performance of annual work, along with a waiver form, with the BLM before September 1st, 2025, and every subsequent year."

Did they file the required ppwk on time? If not, can't you just file a claim on it yourself?
 
HOPEFULLY he is legit , BUT there are a lot of people out there that just lie their azz off about the real ownership of these claims so you have to be very care full and diligent on correct paperwork and the filing dates on these !
 
He's not legit, he won't give out the claim # till full payment is paid, I checked on Land Matters and there are 4 claims there but 2 are not current with the BLM so as I just told him anyone can file on those claims also requested a copy of his NIH form, he filed with the county recorder's office. He said he is afraid that someone could claim jump his claim, I wonder why.
 
He's not legit, he won't give out the claim # till full payment is paid, I checked on Land Matters and there are 4 claims there but 2 are not current with the BLM so as I just told him anyone can file on those claims also requested a copy of his NIH form, he filed with the county recorder's office. He said he is afraid that someone could claim jump his claim, I wonder why.
Appears that the seller guy has no paperwork in place as well as no work done that can be verified at the County level. Question is there just one or most of the four claims that fit in with the no paperwork and no work scenario that he goes and "Sells"?
 
2 of the 4 claims are listed as inactive
 
He's not legit, he won't give out the claim # till full payment is paid, I checked on Land Matters and there are 4 claims there but 2 are not current with the BLM so as I just told him anyone can file on those claims also requested a copy of his NIH form, he filed with the county recorder's office. He said he is afraid that someone could claim jump his claim, I wonder why.
Report him to the legal guys and to the owner of that web site for prosecution ! The local police won't help
 
He probably doesn’t have a claim number because he isn’t going to file with the BLM until you pay him!

PS never buy a car without a test drive or a claim without prospecting it.
 
I have a question, my fellow miners, I did have situation that questioned one on my claims. So, I called the BLM and asked about it, and they stated that filer must due there Due Diligent's on filling . I was ok and with a small fee they sent me all the copies of the claims around my claim, my question is have any of you used the BLM to check on claims that are found on Land Matters showing closed but show the old claim number. Requesting a photocopy of the claims in the area threw the BLM is cheap as long as you have the claim numbers. If you have photos copys of all the claims in the area, open or closed that show all boundaries of the claims, can you using that info file on those inactive claims without boots on the ground.
 
I have a question, my fellow miners, I did have situation that questioned one on my claims. So, I called the BLM and asked about it, and they stated that filer must due there Due Diligent's on filling . I was ok and with a small fee they sent me all the copies of the claims around my claim, my question is have any of you used the BLM to check on claims that are found on Land Matters showing closed but show the old claim number. Requesting a photocopy of the claims in the area threw the BLM is cheap as long as you have the claim numbers. If you have photos copys of all the claims in the area, open or closed that show all boundaries of the claims, can you using that info file on those inactive claims without boots on the ground.
As far as the location goes the info will be the similar every time there is a filing being made if that is the question?
The claim number is for inventory purposes so that a paper file can be made off of a given number.
Work details most likely is at the core of the boots on the ground.
 
As far as the location goes the info will be the similar every time there is a filing being made if that is the question?
The claim number is for inventory purposes so that a paper file can be made off of a given number.
Work details most likely is at the core of the boots on the ground.
You really missed the point of my question, please reread but if you cannot see what I was asking and have a possible solution, let it go.
 
You really missed the point of my question, please reread but if you cannot see what I was asking and have a possible solution, let it go.
On the level of BLM the answer is most likely yes for innovatory purposes. On the State / County level the answer will be no in court as this will be recognized as a paper file.
There are some court cases that go into this area to check out.
 
I have a question, my fellow miners, I did have situation that questioned one on my claims. So, I called the BLM and asked about it, and they stated that filer must due there Due Diligent's on filling . I was ok and with a small fee they sent me all the copies of the claims around my claim, my question is have any of you used the BLM to check on claims that are found on Land Matters showing closed but show the old claim number. Requesting a photocopy of the claims in the area threw the BLM is cheap as long as you have the claim numbers. If you have photos copys of all the claims in the area, open or closed that show all boundaries of the claims, can you using that info file on those inactive claims without boots on the ground.

Great questions.

The only way to legally file a claim is to make discovery of a valuable mineral on that claim and then put a stake in the ground with a Notice of Location.

Paper filers unfortunately file on closed claims without ever doing the physical discovery and pounding of a stake.

Once one learns the PLSS they can use the BLM database to determine the location of closed claims.

Chuck
 
You really missed the point of my question, please reread but if you cannot see what I was asking and have a possible solution, let it go.
You will never get the real answer from the E-bay seller as to actual claim number of the claim not closed.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom