He Thanked ME for MY Service!!!

OP
OP
P

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
Interesting. That nephew just got hired on a contract to drive truck in the USA. If he gets anywhere near USA truck driver pay it will be great for him. I realize not everyone wants foreign workers in the USA, and I certainly understand that. I hope there is a real shortage and this is not just another attempt to reduce pay levels.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Another Viet Nam ERA (USAF '63-'69) (Operating room tech at March AFB hospital--seeing many VN casualties coming through on way to burn wards in Texas.) This past Christmas I bought a VN ERA hat and wore it to the beach. Got a "Thank you for your service" within ten minutes. I nearly cried. First 'thank you' in 51 years.
Don...

OP
OP
P

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
At Fort Lewis, I was on Team B. One day on, one day off, plus a Kelly Day every two weeks. I had my car and would drive myself to another station, not Gray Air Base, which saved time for the van driver. So, I got most of those temp assignments. And, one I went to a lot was at Madigan General Hospital. The civilians would fire up the truck; drive over to the hospital, and wait while I went in and ate. I saw a lot of horrid stuff, especially when we did fire safety inspection. A lot of those guys made me feel like a loser for my easy life. I have never got over that feeling.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread