HEAD PHONES

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Why worry. As long as it works with the jack in you are all set. Other than that ?????

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado
Hey Daddy!
Slap that baby and she'll squeal guaranteed!

No, just kidding. Personally, I never understood why the manufacturers included an external speaker on these hand held consumer units. I never use mine, you can have it if you want it; the speaker that is. :)

GRB

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have tone from the phones, great. After you take out the plug you should revert to the internal speaker. See if the speaker works when you turn on the unit without the head phones.

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
I would try turning it off then turning it back on without the headphones plugged in. I always wear headphones when Im hunting but now and then Im glad there is an external speaker. When Im hunting somones property and they are standing there I think its a lot more polite to remove the headphones and let the people hear some of the sounds that you hear. I like to tell them when its iron or wire or trash or when we need to dig. People I have exposed it to really have a lot of fun and I feel are more apt to invite me back or put me onto some more sites....Shoot

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speaker jacks have a connection that breaks from the speaker and connects to the headphone when the head phone plug is inserted. I you are not getting sound from the speaker when the head phone plug is not inserted, the jack may be bad or dirty, or the speaker defective. These are both basic electronics problems and anyone with a soldering iron and a little electronics experience can help you out. ( Or just send it to a recommended repair depot.)

Ed D.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread