Head to Head Comparison

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe one of those is not the best idea. THIS one surprised me! And it seems that the F-75 outdid the eTrac too.

Last edited:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Feel free to give me a ring with questions. Love to help you and make ya a great deal!

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Larry,

I enjoyed the videos and that Blistool looks like a champ!

In the first video, I can GUARANTEE that the 1266X could easily pick up both gold chains running in discriminate mode (just below 5) and still knock out all iron like nails, bobby pins, etc.

Even though the other machines picked up the gold ring no problem, I'd like to see how their signals would change if you clipped that band (split) but the old fisher would still get a good signal.
I say that because most of what's left behind at hunted out beaches are the fine gold chains, open hoop earrings, open bangles, and split rings.

I'm sure other oldies like the Compasses could do the job no problem.

I have never seen any new machine on the market steer me away from my 1266X but the Blistool is definitely leaving a good impression! :headbang:

Cheers,
Dave.

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
I too Dave, have been looking at the Blisstools. My soil is really bad in most places, as well-known Monte too often points out in his writings, but the Blisstool seems to actually operate better and deeper than even a high-end Minelab pulse machine as we see in the video. I would like to try a Blisstool in person and weigh it against my Compass GoldScanner Pro and my trusty CZ-70. If it outdoes those two powerhouses, I am sold. I never buy before I try though.. Thanks for the post. And yes, the old 1266 was a real "beast" of a depth monster.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread