Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at Aruba in 2010 a fantastic island, veery freindly people, Eagle beach would be my target I did not see anybody detecting wile I was there, I would take a fully submersible detector as the beach is quite deep close in, but there is shallower beaches closer down towards the Tamarin hotel.

SS

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I was at Aruba in 2010 a fantastic island, veery freindly people, Eagle beach would be my target I did not see anybody detecting wile I was there, I would take a fully submersible detector as the beach is quite deep close in, but there is shallower beaches closer down towards the Tamarin hotel.

SS
..You saw no one detecting....Could be detecting is not allowed there ??

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SS
You might be right :dontknow: just come back from Antigua and nobody was detecting there either. But I seem to remember someone from the states last year detecting in Aruba, and he encountered no problems.

SS

OP
OP
P

panewbie

Greenie
Oct 19, 2012
Brockway,PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro White's Prizm IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I checked with the owners of our time share and they said it's perfectly legal just have to tell the government if you find anything of historical value.

OP
OP
P

panewbie

Greenie
Oct 19, 2012
Brockway,PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SS
yea I was there in '06 and didn't even think of taking my detector back then but this year I'm getting away with murder cuz I hit the big 50 lol Wife bought a time share last year so gotta give it a try. AT Pro is waterproof good up to 10 feet and trust me I'm glad cuz dropped it a few times in fresh water swimming holes.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Well I checked with the owners of our time share and they said it's perfectly legal just have to tell the government if you find anything of historical value.

Well .... gee..... I suppose that's the answer I'd get if I asked enough desk-bound people in city hall, where I'm at, if I can detect the sand box here too. I mean, sheesk. But ..... we don't find things of "historic value" anyhow, now do you? :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
P

panewbie

Greenie
Oct 19, 2012
Brockway,PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well .... gee..... I suppose that's the answer I'd get if I asked enough desk-bound people in city hall, where I'm at, if I can detect the sand box here too. I mean, sheesk. But ..... we don't find things of "historic value" anyhow, now do you? :icon_scratch:

Well I was told that coins and jewelry aren't considered historical so anything I find is mine to keep...Not like around here park rangers and police want you to show everything you find... Luckily haven't had anything confiscated YET

newfie

Greenie
Feb 20, 2011
Dawsonville, Ga
Detector(s) used
whites,fisher
no problem with detecting in Aruba or any other island in the Caribbean, I have been several times and a friend of mine was there in Sept hunting eagle beach and had great success, I go to the caribbean 3/4 times a year and have my favorite island and i never come back disappointed, I love it and you will rarely see anyone with a MD, where i go no one seems to ever hunt this particular beach and its great fun finding so much stuff.....have a great time....

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
no problem with detecting in Aruba or any other island in the Caribbean..........

newfie, you know what this means don't you? It simply means you didn't ask enough border consulates, lawyers, and bureaucrats there: "Can I?"

Using Mexico as an example, there was a humorous (but sad) story in the early 1980s, where someone had sent in a question to Fisher Co's periodical (because it had an monthly Q&A column) asking if it was legal to metal detect in Mexico. Apparently they were getting ready to vacation down there @ one of the tourist beaches, and they wanted to make sure it was ok to do. Fisher answered "No, leave the detectors at home, blah blah".

In the following monthly edition of this periodical, several others wrote in to take exception to the editor's answer, asking this like "Since when?" and "who told you this?" and "we go there all the time, and have no problems", etc.. Fisher, in defense of their earlier answer, clarified: When they had gotten the earlier inquiry, they asked! They merely picked up the phone, made a few phone calls to some legal travel consulate type people down there, and asked. I mean, who better to ask than Mexico themselves afterall? :tongue3: Apparently someone couched their question in terms of raiding the pyramaids, exporting gold bars, shipwreck salvor federal things, or ...... WHO knows?? Anyhow, Fisher replied that they were simply passing on the answer they were given.

Oddly, detectors were then, and still are, a common site on Mexico's tourist beaches! And the major detector manufacturers (including Fisher, doh!) have dealers in the bigger cities down there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

panewbie

Greenie
Oct 19, 2012
Brockway,PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no problem with detecting in Aruba or any other island in the Caribbean, I have been several times and a friend of mine was there in Sept hunting eagle beach and had great success, I go to the caribbean 3/4 times a year and have my favorite island and i never come back disappointed, I love it and you will rarely see anyone with a MD, where i go no one seems to ever hunt this particular beach and its great fun finding so much stuff.....have a great time....

Thank you for the heads up newfie. appreciate it. was going to take my md with me anyways lol tie the coil to my shoes and have the cable go up my leg and have the display in my pocket and have a sand bucket if need be

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread