Headphones for Ace250 ?

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Hey all, I just ordered my Ace250 yesterday...thanks Tony. On the question of headphones, Do I need adjustable volume ones? From what I've read here the Ace is loud. If so, are there lightweight ones available that don't cover your whole ear? I work as a carpenter, and for some reason, while everyone else can wear hearing protection that are the "earmuff" style, they drive me crazy. I wear the little foam ones and they don't bother me at all. ???? Thanks.

Upvote 0

Tabfry

Mar 29, 2006
Seattle area
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I have my Ace Arriving tomorrow. I'll be picking up a set of headphones that have a volume control if I can find a relatively inexpensive pair. If not, I'll get a pair and maybe keep them only half way on. I've also read that people say that the Ace is quite loud.

GuANu

Mar 11, 2007
Panama City Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, X-Terra 50
I have an ace250, and the headphones I use arent the big ones you see people wear, I wanted something I'm used to, so I got a 1/4" stereo adapter from walmart and I use my earbuds from my portable satellite radio.. that way I can just put one earbud in, and tuck the other in my shirt so I can hear other people and whatnot, and not miss any tones from the detector.. so far it has worked out great

G

Tabfry

Mar 29, 2006
Seattle area
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Just got back from Radio Shack and picked up a pair of headphones with in line adjustable volume and 1/4" jack for about $15. Not too shabby, looking forward to checking them out tomorrow.

capricorn4u

Feb 2, 2006
HELLO ALVIN HERE, BEN T.H.ING FOR 36 YEARS NOW AND HAD JUST ABOUT EVERY BRAND OF METAL DETECTOR MANUFACTURED INCLUDING THE ACE 250. I FOUND OUT THAT EACH BRAND HAS DIFFERENT AUDIO OUTPUT SIGINALS FREQUENCIES AND DEPENDING ON ALL METAL AND OR DISCRIMATION OR HIGH OR LOW MINERALISATION SOILS ( WET OR DRY CONDITIONS ) THE SIGNALS WILL VARY. I PERSONALY GO FOR THE DEEP WEAK SIGNALS FOR THE GOLD RINGS AND SILVER COINS WHICH REQUIRE A TOP QUALITY PAIR OF HEARPHONES. I TOKE A PAIR OF SURPLUS AIR FORCE EARPROTECTERS ( USED ON THE FLIGHT LINE ) AND INSTALED A TWO SMALL HIGH END STERO SPEAKERS AND CORD AND THEY SERVED ME WELL BACK THEN AND YES THE THE WEIGHT DID TAKE GETTING USE TO. BOTTOM LINE DON'T GO CHEAP ON HEADPHONES MAKE YOUR DETECTOR INVESTMENT PAYFOR IT'S SELF. :)

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
I agree. Buy the best headphones you can find. You are better off having a great set of phones and a low end detector than visa-versa...02

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread