Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Personally I don't.
Battery life isn't a factor with me, as I use Duracell rechargeables and they go strong for a week or more between recharges.
The reason I don't wear them is the obvious one - I don't care for the extra clutter,tangles and uncomfort headphones entail.
As I start hitting open fields with little trash I'm sure I'll wear them from time to time to try to increase the odds of finding deeper targets, but generally no the reasons stated here by everyone aren't enough to get me to wear them all the time no way.

OP
OP
alabamadan

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I used them on the beach this past week and they're great for masking the sounds of the beach. Now, that I've gotten used to wearing them, they're no big deal.

F

Floater

Hmmm , I must of got one of those wierd detectors cause my don't come off and I dont have a speaker. ;)

DONT LEAVE HOME WITHOUT THEM.

Wild Boulder Bill

Jan 5, 2005
Now residing Waynesboro Georgia
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer, whites gtx, tesoro lobo
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I use them out in the field. I don't use them on the rare occassion when I am in town around people. I love it when people ask me about detecting. And if your nice to them you'll be amazed at how much free coffee they'll buy for you. And coffee is second only toor metal detecting. I never do really serious detecting in town, but I live in Colorado and I am extremly spoiled. I use them in the field for battery life.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread