What's new

Free Gold lol.

Mine Shaft

Bronze Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2017
Messages
1,297
Reaction score
1,967
Golden Thread
0
Location
Fontana, California
Detector(s) used
NA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes Free Gold. I thought I would throw a post out to you serious Nugget Hunters in So Cal area. I have a 20 acre Claim in the mountains close to me where the Mojave River flows through it i mainly Sluice the river from November to late June then the water goes underground when the water flow becomes a small creek. My buddy using a pin pointer came away with a 3.2 gram nugget on the River bank. So just checking if anyone would like to swing your detector in the dry river bed and surrounding area and yes you can keep what you find. I just want to see if its worth the money to get a good Metal Detector and look for Gold in the off season.
 
Upvote 0
Mighty generous of you. This brings to mind a question. What is smallest particle size/weight of gold detectors can be expected to find in that sort of situation, and how does that compare to what you generally sluice up? Good morning when I Sluice the majority of what I recover is from small specks to small pickers I usually run the Sluice for 2-3 hours and come away with 25-30 colors.
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20241229_154226526.webp
    PXL_20241229_154226526.webp
    537.1 KB · Views: 104
  • PXL_20241213_174143216.webp
    PXL_20241213_174143216.webp
    2.9 MB · Views: 91
  • PXL_20230113_184140962.webp
    PXL_20230113_184140962.webp
    2.6 MB · Views: 103
  • PXL_20241222_172506799~2.webp
    PXL_20241222_172506799~2.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 103
This is where my buddy pulled the 3.2 gram Nugget it was stuck in a Quartz Rock. Wish I could find the pic I will look for it.
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20250501_173635129.webp
    PXL_20250501_173635129.webp
    3.1 MB · Views: 110
That is a great offer.
 
Yes Free Gold. I thought I would throw a post out to you serious Nugget Hunters in So Cal area. I have a 20 acre Claim in the mountains close to me where the Mojave River flows through it i mainly Sluice the river from November to late June then the water goes underground when the water flow becomes a small creek. My buddy using a pin pointer came away with a 3.2 gram nugget on the River bank. So just checking if anyone would like to swing your detector in the dry river bed and surrounding area and yes you can keep what you find. I just want to see if its worth the money to get a good Metal Detector and look for Gold in the off season.
If I was in SoCa I would come for sure, the New Deus II in gold mode picks up almost everything..
I use it in tot lots for Gold Chains and Earrings..
 
If you ever come to Ca your welcome to swing that thing lol. I wonder if there are places i could rent a good detector for a couple days ? I will do some research :metaldetector:
 
Well I just checked a rental shop and they have a Vintage Fisher M - Scope 1212 - X would that unit pick up little nuggets 4 - 7 inch deep ? I will call a couple more places close to me and see if they have a newer unit.
 
I would do it, but I don't have a bleeper right now so in same boat as you are.
Actually in a different boat I can't afford one ..
Goodluck
Gt.....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom