What's new

Heads Up All Smokers and Friends of Smokers!

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2005
Messages
6,797
Reaction score
152
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
It's time to smoke! :hello2: :headbang:

Juicy deep smoked salmon!
 

Attachments

  • smokefish.webp
    smokefish.webp
    74.4 KB · Views: 331
  • smokefish2.webp
    smokefish2.webp
    66.8 KB · Views: 320
Honey, I'm always smoking! :hello:

I'll pm ya my address! Will they travel ok? How soon will they be here? :laughing7:
The momma bird is saying yumyumyumyumyumyumyum :hello:
 
Hey that is the same smoker that I have. I have done over 60 rainbow trouts this last month. If you are close by to me stop by and we can do some detecting and eat some smoke trout with crackers. Plus if you like to fish we can do a little of that also.....Matt
 
Hey badger did you catch them recently.......Matt
 
mlayers said:
Hey badger did you catch them recently.......Matt

Hey, if you eat like that I'll come live with you! ;D

Lake Huron is my lake but I rarely fish it anymore. My salmon today comes from my son who has one of those fancy deluxe boats down in Grand Haven, Michigan (Lake Michigan). He keeps us supplied with lots of fresh Chinook salmon. I won't buy fish because it spoils fast if not properly processed.

Where do you get your trout? I used to fish small stream trout and they're the best.
 
pat-tekker-cat said:
Honey, I'm always smoking! :hello:

I'll pm ya my address! Will they travel ok? How soon will they be here? :laughing7:
The momma bird is saying yumyumyumyumyumyumyum :hello:

:thumbsup:

Best get yourself a smoker and try to locate someone who can supply you with fresh salmon.
 
boogeyman said:
DROOOOOOOOOOLL

I know, I just finished off the last of it this morning and already I'm thinking about another batch.
 
Michigan Badger said:
pat-tekker-cat said:
Honey, I'm always smoking! :hello:

I'll pm ya my address! Will they travel ok? How soon will they be here? :laughing7:
The momma bird is saying yumyumyumyumyumyumyum :hello:

:thumbsup:
Best get yourself a smoker and try to locate someone who can supply you with fresh salmon.
Got the smoker and the operator, can get salmon flown in anytime, yours looked REAL GOOD!
Thanks for the thought.
 
I see the gas there... but I'm curious what you used to smoke 'em with? Hickory, Maple?
 
mikeofaustin said:
I see the gas there... but I'm curious what you used to smoke 'em with? Hickory, Maple?

They call me "Dr. Hickory," I'm a hickory wood smoker all the way. I've tried all the others and like them too more or less but I grew up eating hickory smoked whitefish chubs and it's programmed into me.

What do you use?
 
Michigan Badger said:
mikeofaustin said:
I see the gas there... but I'm curious what you used to smoke 'em with? Hickory, Maple?

They call me "Dr. Hickory," I'm a hickory wood smoker all the way. I've tried all the others and like them too more or less but I grew up eating hickory smoked whitefish chubs and it's programmed into me.

What do you use?

You've already hit spot on my friend.
 
I have smoked the trout with hickory, apple and alder chips.......Matt
 
I live next to Lake Michigan and I lived out in Oregon for awhile and there's nothing like sea-run salmon. Fresh water salmon just don't taste the same. That's why they invented seasoning I guess.
HH
John
 
dirtyJohn said:
I live next to Lake Michigan and I lived out in Oregon for awhile and there's nothing like sea-run salmon. Fresh water salmon just don't taste the same. That's why they invented seasoning I guess.
HH
John

There's a big difference in salmon taste, that's for sure (this same goes for trout and most other species of fish).

My buddy has filleted sockeye salmon flown down from Alaska. WOW! is the only word I can think of the describes it.

Years ago I did lots of stream fishing. The fish tasted different out of the various streams.

Lake Huron yellow perch and menominee herring are some of life's sweet nector! The herring are what most smoke houses are now calling "smoked chubs."
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom