What's new

Heart Breaker Hill

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I wanted to get out today and weather was going to be sunny and 60. I wish! Dang it was cloudy and cold. I went anyway to walk the field and the hill. First thing I saw was a sweet little drill. Of course the tip was broke. I walked for 4 hours after that looking and finding nothing but pieces and flakes. I went back to my truck for a drink and while I was enjoying a M Dew I saw something in the road. I said to myself Ill go look. Well rite behind my truck was a arrowhead. I couldnt believe it as I looked at it all but the tip was showing and as I picked it up well as usual no tip. But it has most of it and it is different from what I usually find out there. Anyway here they are my finds for the day. Yes there are some reduction flakes, I keep the big ones.
 

Attachments

  • 100_2722.webp
    100_2722.webp
    247.9 KB · Views: 117
  • 100_2725.webp
    100_2725.webp
    113.8 KB · Views: 110
  • 100_2723.webp
    100_2723.webp
    105.3 KB · Views: 114
  • 100_2724.webp
    100_2724.webp
    124.9 KB · Views: 124
Upvote 0
looks like you had a good day thinking lerma on thr drill?
 
I'd be damn excited to find what you did today, great job and thanks for sharing with us... Could be worse, you could be stuck in this Frick'n ice storm, without food, water or toiletry!!!!!!!!!! Just kidding, but we are out of milk...going nuts here!!
 
looks like you had a good day thinking lerma on thr drill?

I just call them pencil drills. That is the second one I have found like it.
 

Attachments

  • 100_2228.webp
    100_2228.webp
    274.5 KB · Views: 105
Rock! I didn't notice earlier today, but you found the bit of a nice detailed drill. Nice going!
 
Rock! I didn't notice earlier today, but you found the bit of a nice detailed drill. Nice going!

Its actually the rite length it shows cortex at the base it is just missing the small of the tip.
 
So what type of point is it? It would of been 1.25 long and is 1 inch wide.
 
rock said:
So what type of point is it? It would of been 1.25 long and is 1 inch wide.

Rock, Gator and I were just talking. He told me your point looked like a brewerton. I agree. I think brewerton as well. Possibly side notched. Google it. Lithics casting net is a great site!
 
NC field hunter said:
Rock, Gator and I were just talking. He told me your point looked like a brewerton. I agree. I think brewerton as well. Possibly side notched. Google it. Lithics casting net is a great site!

Lithicsnet.com correction!!
 
Yeah could be says 6000-4000 B.P. It does show Archaic flaking on it. It is the oldest point I have found so far. That field must of had some nice hunting there. I found it in the upper field where I have found all of my points so far. I did see some big deer tracks today.
 
A friend just texted me a pic of a brewerton they found in a field today. They have real weak shoulders or notches but are very nice. You had a good day out today Rock.
 
Thanks yeah it was funny the point was rite behind my truck. But the point isnt thin it is .25 thick which to me isnt thin. Hard to say I guess missing the tip.
 
rock said:
Yeah could be says 6000-4000 B.P. It does show Archaic flaking on it. It is the oldest point I have found so far. That field must of had some nice hunting there. I found it in the upper field where I have found all of my points so far. I did see some big deer tracks today.

Gator wanted to let you know you have an archaic piece. All good intentions on his behalf.
 
rock said:
Thanks yeah it was funny the point was rite behind my truck. But the point isnt thin it is .25 thick which to me isnt thin. Hard to say I guess missing the tip.

You sure the tip hasn't been reworked? Pics make that a hard call. It just looks rounded at the break to me. That makes me think it's reworked. In my book, that makes it not a broken point at all, but a nice brewerton scraper.
 
No its broken. I thought I ran it over but I couldnt find the tip.
 

Attachments

  • 100_2730.webp
    100_2730.webp
    114.2 KB · Views: 93
  • 100_2731.webp
    100_2731.webp
    106.9 KB · Views: 99
  • 100_2733.webp
    100_2733.webp
    171.5 KB · Views: 95
  • 100_2734.webp
    100_2734.webp
    165.2 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
:hello2: I'm glad and proud of you, for getting out there and finding those awls and the point. You just have to look in the least likely spots. :icon_thumright:
 
Thanks everyone it might be a scraper worked from a point or even a blunt. Its very round at the top but it is broken.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom