Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
D8E69D7A-6451-4D5B-B9DC-6BA93E6978E0.jpeg
3B368B56-EBFA-4C0B-B2AE-92F07CF22262.jpeg
4D0A1ED4-A8B1-4F58-AF64-315CAB80E1EF.jpeg

Not sure what I found. It’s for sure been worked on I just can’t tell how it was used. I found in a pile of rocks that were dug out of an old mine in South Texas.
I was able to post a video of it below

Any help would be appreciated .

Thanks!

Last edited:
Upvote 14
Congrats on that find! What a beautiful piece. Can you give us some back ground on it? Field find? Creek Find. Just an awesome artifact.
Thanks! This was just a random surface find out in the desert near and old riverbed. The town was a mining town and we were actually just looking at some of the ruins of the town and I spotted this in a pile of tailings they had dumped out 100+ years ago.

Thanks! This was just a random surface find out in the desert near and old riverbed. The town was a mining town and we were actually just looking at some of the ruins of the town and I spotted this in a pile of tailings they had dumped out 100+ years ago.
Yeah I would love to get in some places like you described to do a little metal detecting. Just a nice artifact. There is some good guys that will identify that piece for you. I'm just not the 1.

Very unusual. Big and clunky for a spear point. I think unclemac is right on the multi-use tool. Here are a few suggestions: Awl, punch, drill, graver, utility blade and shaft-abrader.

I'm not aware of any other NA artifact that was deliberately made like that. I'm wondering if some old minor was a gun-flint napper and made it for some special purpose. Just a thought.

I have never seen any relic made in that fashion. It's unique I agree with others.
where those photos taken before it was washed, after or was it washed at all?
Is there any grinding present on this? Is in what areas?
The material looks like Edwards Plateau chert.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back