What's new

Heat Wave Gold

fsa46

Full Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2011
Messages
249
Reaction score
272
Golden Thread
0
Location
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Whites DFPI, 2 @ Excalibur II, 2 @ Sovereign GT w/ 10" & 8" Tornado coils, 2@ 10x12 SEF coils all on their own rods, Whites MXT Pro , 2@ Garrett Pro Pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
002.webp

003.webp

Got out with Craig and Bruce again and with the temps hitting 30 it seemed like a heat wave.

I did a little better than I thought, getting three Wheaties and a tiny 14K, .97g wedding band. I thought it was brass when I dug it and went to have some fun with Craig. I told him it was gold, thinking it was brass. He buffed it up on his jacket and said it is gold. Then I thought HE was kidding. :laughing7:

They were hunting the wet rocks and I was hunting the water. When I left, both had silver in their pouches.

For those that don't know either of these gentlemen, their posts speak for themselves. They are both excellent hunters and if treasure is there they will surely find it. Always hunting with both of them.

Anyone thinking the Excal won't it small, deep gold is mistaken. This tiny .97g wedding band was a solid repeatable, not blaring, but solid ) at 8" easy. Not super deep, but for it's size impressive, at least to me.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice find!!!
 
Hunting the water with a 30 degree air temp is brave. Below 35 degrees and my hands get numb too quick. I guess when you live in Connecticut you get use to the cold. Nice find for a cold hunt. Beach Papa
 
Nice gold ring find, fsa! :headbang:

Lorraine
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom