What's new

Heavily marked coins, strange results

BeerBelly

Full Member
Joined
May 6, 2008
Messages
109
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nevada
I ordered 4 boxes total last week, 2 of em came in Thurs. I wasn't able to get to them till last night. I finished 1 box, and ended up with 12 keepers. The odd thing was, the majority of the coins were marked. Most rolls had well over half the coins marked. I'd say about 75% of the box was marked. All the same mark. None of the keepers were marked, and most of them would not have been missed if someone was edge searching. Strange! I'll take it though, my best box yet. 3 Franklins, another Walker, 2 1964's, and 6 40%er's. They were all beat up prety bad, not really worth a pic.
I'll be going through the second box today and also check on the other 2 boxes I ordered. Hopefully they're in today.
 
Upvote 0
i hate marked coins...i get bummed out when i open a box and see marked coins on the ends of rolls. i get alot here. i have alot of competition in my area.
 
Congrats on a nice score BB.... the keepers got mixed in at a later date than the marked coins that keep floating around.. best of luck w/ your other boxes ,Ed
 
Thanks fellas,
Box #2 had 8 keepers and a silver painted 2007. 3 40's, 2 90's, 3 more Franklins, all in bad shape. I'm headed back to the bank with donuts and a request for more boxes!
 
BB,

Good score for having that many dumps. The silver is always better when I find silver in rolls that are marked like that.

65GT350
 
BeerBelly said:
Thanks fellas,
Box #2 had 8 keepers and a silver painted 2007. 3 40's, 2 90's, 3 more Franklins, all in bad shape. I'm headed back to the bank with donuts and a request for more boxes!



Nice , yeah try to get some more boxes your keepers are adding up :thumbsup:
 
Went back to the bank with donuts, was planning on asking for 4 boxes. The lady's face lit up when she saw I was bringing donuts. I told her I had some good finds and wanted to order more boxes. She asked how many. I was sure she would say OK if I asked for 4, but I just couldn't do it. Didn't want to ruin a good thing. So I asked for 2. They'll be in next week.
Stopped by to pick up my other 2 boxes at a different bank. The teller said they had some boxes in that had been there for some time. She said she was gonna send em back. I told her to hold em, and I'll pick them up next week. So 4 boxes from them next week, and 2 from my regular source next week as well. My eyes hurt allready!
 
I am thinking in

re rolling on the original rolls my dumps and write "Skunked" on the roll before returning it
 
I am thinking in

re rolling on the original rolls my dumps and write "Skunked" on the roll before returning it
won't matter....i'm so sick i'll search it anyway ;D
 
I have seen a lot of marked coins around here as well. Way to go on the silver!
Pepperpump ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom